New striker?

We are NOT paying 100mn on any player let alone a striker. That is not going to happen

Halaand is 75mn next year so most probably if we want him we will wait. Kane is 100mn plus so that is out!

I think Torres might rise to the occasion this year and Delap will get minutes but he will not be ready till 2023.

Honestly we managed without a striker season. Yes a striker can make a difference but its not the end of the world if we don't get one and we concentrate on giving Torres minutes and finding a back up leftback!

Also we need to find a CDM to replace Fernandinho

I would rather see in excess of 100m spent on one player like Haaland, with no other changes to the squad, than say 150m on 3 decent ok players.

Then there can be a focus on academy players getting closer to joining the first team and leave replacing outgoing players for next season. particularly as that is The position where we have a weakness.

For me the above doesn't apply to Kane, but if the club really thought it did, I'd be happy with him being the only addition too.

I really cannot see us announcing Aguero is going so early, if we are not in for another striker. If this isn't the case, I'm sure they would have just seen how the season ended up for him, and extended for twelve months. I also cannot see us purchasing a cut-priced unproven prospect, to fill Aguero's spot. It appears we only purchase to improve our squad nowadays, and the best strikers cost a lot.

I really cannot see us announcing Aguero is going so early, if we are not in for another striker. If this isn't the case, I'm sure they would have just seen how the season ended up for him, and extended for twelve months. I also cannot see us purchasing a cut-priced unproven prospect, to fill Aguero's spot. It appears we only purchase to improve our squad nowadays, and the best strikers cost a lot.

Agree. It feels very much a spend big on a big player and get it right kind of moment. We may have opiniond on who is right or not, but it feels the club know what they want, seem confortable they can get it done, and will go for it.

IF we beleiving that the club won't spend over 100m or such on any one player, and with Aguero's spot needing filled with a capable goal scorer, the only sense I can then see is Messi this year on a free for a couple years, Haaland the next for his release value.

Agree. It feels very much a spend big on a big player and get it right kind of moment. We may have opiniond on who is right or not, but it feels the club know what they want, seem confortable they can get it done, and will go for it.

IF we beleiving that the club won't spend over 100m or such on any one player, and with Aguero's spot needing filled with a capable goal scorer, the only sense I can then see is Messi this year on a free for a couple years, Haaland the next for his release value.
Yes I agree. I know that I am probably joining the dots a bit, but to replace Sergio, it needs to be someone special, which will cost us, whoever it may be.

manchester city should be all over a new striker today to soften the blow of aguero signing for barca
come on city get haaland deal done and dusted this week. then kane at the weekend smash the records and send shock waves around all premier league and european clubs

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.