New survey (Atmosphere)

Can I just say, and without trying to sound like a smart arse, the away fans won't be moving to another part of tbe stadium. Can those that have mentioned it please forget it.

The away fans are staying in the South Stand, and are going to be split over 3 levels/3 tiers, when tbe stadium is expanded. That's the final decision by the club.

The current situation won't change either. Fact. The only change will be brought about by the club working with and alongside the 1894 Group and the fans. And even that is dictated by the current stadia, seating, and season ticket configeration.

However, in 15 months time there will be an opportunity to make a real and lasting positive change to the atmosphere at the Etihad. In 15 montbs time the away fans will have to vacate block 115, and half of block 114, in the lower tier of the South Stand. That will be our(the fans) one and only opportunity to create a real and lasting singing section at the Etihad.

I'm therefore asking all Blue Moon members, members of tbe supporters branches, and members of the 1894 Group, etc, to petition, for want of a better word, the club to make either one or both of those blocks into dedicated and proper singing sections, when the South Stand is expanded and the away fans are relocated.

The alternative will be a buffer zone between the current South Stand and the remaining away fans, filled with new City fans who may well watch the matches seated and in silence. The final outcome could be similar to the Operation One End experiment against Bayern Munich in the Champions League.(if you remember) This will further erode the atmosphere at the Etihad in the future.

If enough of us petition the club they may well look at this option and take it forward, with the support of the fans, the branches, and the 1894 Group.(I'm assuming)

If we can get 500 to 750 dedicated singing season ticket holders into one or both of those blocks, alongside the current South Stand and Kippax Corner(blocks 111/110/109), just imagine what impact that would have on the atmosphere at the Etihad. :-)

I have already left my views about this on City Voice, as well as on here. Please do the same or via your branches, through any other media or social outlet, and in person when speaking to the appropriate person at the club.

Thank you.

The Pink Panther said:
Can someone please tell me which Premier League club has an atmosphere we should be envious of?
As far as I can see, top level football's been pretty much sterilised

Swansea has been pretty good in the last few years. Newcastle was impressive last week

BlueSiam said:
The Pink Panther said:
Can someone please tell me which Premier League club has an atmosphere we should be envious of?
As far as I can see, top level football's been pretty much sterilised

Swansea has been pretty good in the last few years. Newcastle was impressive last week
If booing creates an atmosphere Newcastle is indeed great,up to that disallowed goal it was poor.
City are like every other club,all the singing is done on away games.

You all need to wise up. It has nothing to do with where people are sat within the stadium or making sections where people want to stand and sing. You go to any PL football stadium in the country, have a look at the people sitting in the seats. The majority of them are middle aged men. FACT.

All these Youtube clips of Dortmund fans bouncing up and down for 90 mins, you'd be lucky to find one of them over 30 years old. Same with Poznan and Aris, all young boys on a jolly. Most away fans are made up of these types.

Anyone who thinks they can organize or encourage middle aged men (most of whom are driving home after the match) to bounce up and down and sing for 90 mins, well it's not gonna happen. And you can create as many fan groups as you want, but you cannot ignore the fact that the majority of people who can afford to attend football matches in this day and age have grey hair. This is the reality of football in England, the only way to change it is to bring back standing and cheap access to games where young lads can form a majority, like we did in the 80's and 90's.

Currently, I have 2 sixty odd year old women to my right. And on the otherside is my Dad who is 64. If you wanna question the lack of atmosphere, have a look around, it's obvious.

alfabianchi said:
You all need to wise up. It has nothing to do with where people are sat within the stadium or making sections where people want to stand and sing. You go to any PL football stadium in the country, have a look at the people sitting in the seats. The majority of them are middle aged men. FACT.

All these Youtube clips of Dortmund fans bouncing up and down for 90 mins, you'd be lucky to find one of them over 30 years old. Same with Poznan and Aris, all young boys on a jolly. Most away fans are made up of these types.

Anyone who thinks they can organize or encourage middle aged men (most of whom are driving home after the match) to bounce up and down and sing for 90 mins, well it's not gonna happen. And you can create as many fan groups as you want, but you cannot ignore the fact that the majority of people who can afford to attend football matches in this day and age have grey hair. This is the reality of football in England, the only way to change it is to bring back standing and cheap access to games where young lads can form a majority, like we did in the 80's and 90's.

Currently, I have 2 sixty odd year old women to my right. And on the otherside is my Dad who is 64. If you wanna question the lack of atmosphere, have a look around, it's obvious.

Fair play mate, I've seen some ageist posts in my time but this one takes the biscuit.

alfabianchi said:

^^This^^

btw there are plenty of older fans that sing, there are not enough young lads in the stadium though. Maybe safe standing would help that ???

As much as it is an "ageist" view the post above by AlfaBianchi is correct.

Most people at the stadium are same age as my parents.

To bring the average age down at the stadiums in this country (as many young people have an interest in Football, it's just they would rather watch it for free on the tv) the solution is:

Rail Seating.

More people are able to fit in a block, hopefully leading to cheaper seats.

You cannot compete with Free. I know of people who used to go to Maine Road and watch us as kids. Now they are the same age as me and it never crosses their minds to go and spend £50 on watching a match when they can watch the same match for £0 online or for the price of a pint in the pub.

They would go and watch us again if tickets were cheaper. Simple.

Safe Standing is needed. not just at City but throughout the country.

Hopefully Cheaper tickets would mean a wider demographic of people who would be willing to create atmosphere.

alfabianchi said:

Ageist & almost sexist in the same post, boy have you excelled yourself!! I am in the old woman group & I haven't had a voice since Wednesday because I was cheering & singing so much on Saturday & Wednesday. As I've said in previous posts it is up to the individual person whether they sing/cheer or try to create an atmosphere & it is becoming very repetitive when people keep on saying: "you've got to stand to sing", "you've got to be young to sing", "you've got to have someone leading the singing"!!

What are you, flaming sheep or people with a mind of your own? If you want to sing/cheer blooming well do it, whether you are sitting next to your Dad, who is younger than me I might add, or if you are sitting next to Sheikh Mansour! Do what YOU want! Just blooming do it, all of you if you want to, stop writing about it & do it, if no one joins in SING LOUDER, just as I try to do!

Now, who is going to sing for me tomorrow as I doubt my voice will last long even if I get it back in the morning? :-)

There's nothing wrong with saying there should be more younger lads in the stadium, because there should. The way he's gone about it though is all wrong. A lot of the people around me who are the loudest are much older than me, although I'm fairly loud myself. We haven't got to jump up and down aside from the occasional Poznan so it shouldn't really matter too much. It's a case of getting a substantial number of singers together.

How to improve the atmos....the age old question,here's my take on it,make the east stand the POPULAR stand,make the south stand tickets the same price as the popular stand. Scrap the family stand,make it like the old north stand,and leave the old farts like me in the colin bell stand. SIMPLE.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.