New survey (Atmosphere)

BlueSiam said:
The Pink Panther said:
Can someone please tell me which Premier League club has an atmosphere we should be envious of?
As far as I can see, top level football's been pretty much sterilised

Swansea has been pretty good in the last few years. Newcastle was impressive last week

all they did was boo constantly, if you think thata an atmopshere then fair enough?! Hopefully once the expansion os complete the southstand can be extended.

Dnt think age is a factor tho, my dad is nearly 50 but he is still contributing to the atmosphere. It just ppl like me who cant afford to go every week, its unfortunate but the reality

Eccles Blue said:
alfabianchi said:
You all need to wise up. It has nothing to do with where people are sat within the stadium or making sections where people want to stand and sing. You go to any PL football stadium in the country, have a look at the people sitting in the seats. The majority of them are middle aged men. FACT.

All these Youtube clips of Dortmund fans bouncing up and down for 90 mins, you'd be lucky to find one of them over 30 years old. Same with Poznan and Aris, all young boys on a jolly. Most away fans are made up of these types.

Anyone who thinks they can organize or encourage middle aged men (most of whom are driving home after the match) to bounce up and down and sing for 90 mins, well it's not gonna happen. And you can create as many fan groups as you want, but you cannot ignore the fact that the majority of people who can afford to attend football matches in this day and age have grey hair. This is the reality of football in England, the only way to change it is to bring back standing and cheap access to games where young lads can form a majority, like we did in the 80's and 90's.

Currently, I have 2 sixty odd year old women to my right. And on the otherside is my Dad who is 64. If you wanna question the lack of atmosphere, have a look around, it's obvious.

Ageist & almost sexist in the same post, boy have you excelled yourself!! I am in the old woman group & I haven't had a voice since Wednesday because I was cheering & singing so much on Saturday & Wednesday. As I've said in previous posts it is up to the individual person whether they sing/cheer or try to create an atmosphere & it is becoming very repetitive when people keep on saying: "you've got to stand to sing", "you've got to be young to sing", "you've got to have someone leading the singing"!!

What are you, flaming sheep or people with a mind of your own? If you want to sing/cheer blooming well do it, whether you are sitting next to your Dad, who is younger than me I might add, or if you are sitting next to Sheikh Mansour! Do what YOU want! Just blooming do it, all of you if you want to, stop writing about it & do it, if no one joins in SING LOUDER, just as I try to do!

Now, who is going to sing for me tomorrow as I doubt my voice will last long even if I get it back in the morning? :-)

Sorry love, but it's plain as the nose on your face. These legendary atmospheres that people crave are created by thousands of (mostly beered up) lads. Not small pockets of old dears clapping and shouting. Nobody is castigating your commitment to the cause or your right to be there. But our current demographic of supporters is constantly outsung by the away fans. People are scratching their heads trying to work out why. I say look around, it's obvious.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya-brJrPab4[/youtube]

TV doesn't help too. There's an entire generation with just a couple of pints in the pub or an internet connection away from watching the match without having to plan their entire day around it. I barely know anyone my own age who goes regularly now.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
alfabianchi said:
You all need to wise up. It has nothing to do with where people are sat within the stadium or making sections where people want to stand and sing. You go to any PL football stadium in the country, have a look at the people sitting in the seats. The majority of them are middle aged men. FACT.

All these Youtube clips of Dortmund fans bouncing up and down for 90 mins, you'd be lucky to find one of them over 30 years old. Same with Poznan and Aris, all young boys on a jolly. Most away fans are made up of these types.

Anyone who thinks they can organize or encourage middle aged men (most of whom are driving home after the match) to bounce up and down and sing for 90 mins, well it's not gonna happen. And you can create as many fan groups as you want, but you cannot ignore the fact that the majority of people who can afford to attend football matches in this day and age have grey hair. This is the reality of football in England, the only way to change it is to bring back standing and cheap access to games where young lads can form a majority, like we did in the 80's and 90's.

Currently, I have 2 sixty odd year old women to my right. And on the otherside is my Dad who is 64. If you wanna question the lack of atmosphere, have a look around, it's obvious.

^^This^^

btw there are plenty of older fans that sing, there are not enough young lads in the stadium though. Maybe safe standing would help that ???

Nothing to do with safe standing (it helps obviously).It's due to the demographic.. this summer i went to a munich match (my friend is a season ticket holder he follows the club home and away). it hardly cost us anything and every 1 is the ultra section where pretty much guys around our age and we kept singing (even though i had no idea what they where saying i just followed on) and he told me munich are considered one of the quieter stadiums. but it was pretty much screaming the whole game long. YOU NEED to reduce the ticket prices and encourage young people to stick together. and noise will be made.

paulchapo said:
I have said it before and i will say it again.The people who want to sing and create an atmosphere are too fragmented all over the ground.Most are surrounded by some people who the only sign they are alive is when they get up to leave or go to the toilet.The rest of the time they sit or stand in a stupified silence throwing disaproving or smirking looks at anyone who shows some passion.Why they bother going to a live game is beyond me.

We need one stand behind the goal where everyone is committed to joining in and not sitting there like Victor fucking Meldrew after a sleeping tablet.No sensitive faint hearts and no kids under 16.The hard part will be getting them to move and finding room for them.In the south stand there used to be a woman with a voice that could curdle milk screaming at everyone to sit down every few minutes.Thankfully she has been silenced and/or moved and everyone now stands without any grief.

Once they get this stand sorted the team then need to kick towards it in the second half.Every other team plays towards their vocal end in the second half except us,we play to the family stand....why???

Yes, yes, (she was an irritating woman) and yes.

alfabianchi said:
Eccles Blue said:
alfabianchi said:

Ageist & almost sexist in the same post, boy have you excelled yourself!! I am in the old woman group & I haven't had a voice since Wednesday because I was cheering & singing so much on Saturday & Wednesday. As I've said in previous posts it is up to the individual person whether they sing/cheer or try to create an atmosphere & it is becoming very repetitive when people keep on saying: "you've got to stand to sing", "you've got to be young to sing", "you've got to have someone leading the singing"!!

What are you, flaming sheep or people with a mind of your own? If you want to sing/cheer blooming well do it, whether you are sitting next to your Dad, who is younger than me I might add, or if you are sitting next to Sheikh Mansour! Do what YOU want! Just blooming do it, all of you if you want to, stop writing about it & do it, if no one joins in SING LOUDER, just as I try to do!

Now, who is going to sing for me tomorrow as I doubt my voice will last long even if I get it back in the morning? :-)

Sorry love, but it's plain as the nose on your face. These legendary atmospheres that people crave are created by thousands of (mostly beered up) lads. Not small pockets of old dears clapping and shouting. Nobody is castigating your commitment to the cause or your right to be there. But our current demographic of supporters is constantly outsung by the away fans. People are scratching their heads trying to work out why. I say look around, it's obvious.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ya-brJrPab4[/youtube]

Pretty much.. 96 percent of those people in the away stand where men and young men at that.

Being a piss poor student for the past few years I have only ever been able to afford the games that no one else wants to attend, Blackburn for example. So it’s been a long time since I have experienced a good atmosphere.

For me the problem is that people are able to renew their seats year after year. Every five years or so everyone should have to apply for a seat by filling out an application so that the club can get a better idea of who you are. Age, sitting with children, likeliness to sing, joining in, leave 10 minute early. The club would then be able to better balance the ground resulting in a better atmosphere.

You should be offered a choose of three different sections for you and your family which the club feel you are best suited too.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.