Newcastle 1-1 City post match thread

I'm absolutely terrified if the Real game now because i'm 99% sure Yaya will be playing in midfield, it is just a disaster waiting to happen.

Not really. It was attitude that was the problem tonight. The league was over a month or two back and everyone is focused on the SF with Real so attitude for that will be (or should be) spot on. We are at the fag end of Pellers time here and the only thing left for him and the squad is the CL campaign. We may just do enough to grab a top 4 spot but it will be touch and go and for Pellers what does he care anyway?

I don't get this what does Pellers care anyway, & some of the players they are supposed to be professional. They are also supposedly looking for gainful employment elsewhere.. How does it benefit them to be wilfully shite?

Not really. It was attitude that was the problem tonight. The league was over a month or two back and everyone is focused on the SF with Real so attitude for that will be (or should be) spot on. We are at the fag end of Pellers time here and the only thing left for him and the squad is the CL campaign. We may just do enough to grab a top 4 spot but it will be touch and go and for Pellers what does he care anyway?

I can see your thinking, but realistically, more than half of them will be staying so you'd expect SOME fight.
I think we have a general attitude of 'we'll play nice and easy and because we are so good, the chances will come'. I thought we came out of the blocks well enough, but once we went 1-0 up, we just went into auto-pilot and then we can't seem to snap out of it.
This problem's been happening long before the Pep announcement.

All round pretty rubbish, stand-outs for being rubbish have to go to Kolarov, Yaya, Delph & probably Navas. Kompany wasn't great either. Hart, Mangala, De Bruyne & Zab probably the guys who can have a slither of respect from that performance.

I've been picturing it as us having 2 "free lives" in the last 5 fixtures where we can get draws but still get top 4 (if United win every game) - wasting one on Newcastle wasn't what I'd hoped for, thought more likely Southampton & Arsenal given our results against teams in the top half. Feels very must win now the Stoke game, will be tough going into the final 3 games of the season with no room for error.

Here's hoping Palace can do something similar to the Arsenal result at the swamp.

We have quite literally gone back 6 years in the space of a season, in that we are in a fight to finish in the top 4.

In the past I've had faith in us to get over the line, whatever the line be, winning the league or a certain game etc. This season I have lost all faith in that ability.

It's like the soul of this side has disappeared.

This sums it up for me.

I've lost my faith in this team. Not one of them looked arsed tonight. Not one.

And as for Pellegrini, I'm literally counting down the games until he fucks off. He got it totally wrong again. Obviously.

Until the mentality of this club is sorted out once and for all then we will flatter to deceive , win a league, fuck up the season after is a trait of MCFC, the mentality is all wrong and we have a soppy old Labrador stuck in his ways manager trying to motivate them.

I couldn't give a fuck who's given the bullet tbh- we are a soft touch with that air of a dogshit rolled in glitter at times.

We are a league title light in my opinion for the squad we have since Pellegrini arrived.

He's average with the tools at his disposal.

Pep and a young hungry team is the order .

Utter dross yet again. It's been a familiar story in the league most of this season. Spineless, half harted shit! We need a massive clearout at the end of the season.

I actually just laugh when I see Bony coming on now.

At this time of year games against relegation threatened teams tend to be a tough encounter. Tonight we played a side who have a handful of games to save thier skins. That team have recently appointed a manager who is amongst the best in Europe who has now had a few weeks to sort a bloody awful mess out. It was away at a stadium that hosts a very decent set of fans who can lift a side if they have the slightest reason to do so.

In 7 days time we play Real Madrid in the Champions league semi final.....now there is a very good argument to say that is the biggest match our club has ever played in, and indeed is the biggest tie a good few of our players have played in. Like it or not all concerned might just have been slightly less motivated to "get stuck in" than our opponents this evening.

All in all the performance may not have been one of our better ones, but lets give credit to Newcastle for their part in stopping us winning, and also remember we didnt get beat....had we played Newcastle a month ago we would have stuffed them. Not a bad result under the circumstances and some of the reaction on here is worryingly Rag like.

I wonder how it would have been recieved if we had won 2-0 but lost Aguero or De Bruyne through injuries caused by flying into tackles tonight?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.