Newcastle 1-1 City post match thread

Stoke didn't show much fight against Spurs so hoping for more of the same. This isn't the horrible Stoke of old. Just hope he doesn't rest half the team cos anything less than 3 points and top 4 may become very tricky

The worrying thing is that Newcastle didn't show much fight against us and still got a point.
If we'd played a real battling Newcastle, guns blazing for their survival, I might have sympathy. But Newcastle were poor tonight which is all the more galling!

Oh come on what a load of weapon grade utter bollocks......

Why's it bollocks? Do you think some of the clubs that are sniffing round him will look elsewhere if city finish outside the top 4... Doubt it, so makes little difference to Pellegrini where we finish, apart from probably a wedge of a bonus

If I was leaving a company, especially if the decision was not mine, I wouldn't be busting a gut to ensure my work helped the business going forward... Human nature

Nothing to do with fight. More to do with no one wanting to get injured so we go 1-0 up and then try and manage the game out. Except we didn't but truthfully I don't think Pellers or the squad cared. They did care that we got through unscathed and Kompany and Sterling got some minutes after been out for a while and we did get a point hence why Pellers is looking quite pleased with himself. Christ knows what the Stoke game will be like. Probably like the Liverpool game we played just before the FA Cup SF against ManU. On the bright side Stoke are on the beach so we may get lucky.

The Real game is a big fucking deal. A scrap with Newcastle or Stoke or whoever is just something to get through intact.
I could buy into the 'nobody wants to get injured' theory if we'd not played do well at Chelsea, or if Newcastle were kicking us all over the park, but they weren't. We could have stifled the game with possession, but didn't... we just kept giving the ball away.
I'm not buying that it was a negative performance out of necessity, I think it was negative out of complacency.

The worrying thing is that Newcastle didn't show much fight against us and still got a point.
If we'd played a real battling Newcastle, guns blazing for their survival, I might have sympathy. But Newcastle were poor tonight which is all the more galling!

I disagree. Yeah they were poor but they worked hard, twice as hard as us. Seemed to win virtually every 50/50 and, run more miles etc etc. Not seen the match stats but would expect they prove this

We learned nothing new here. The game simply demonstrated yet again how some of our players are mid table standard, probably worse. Navas for the first 15 minutes fucked up every single thing he did. Kolarov was terrible for 95 minutes. Delph looked like a championship player, simply below the technical level of everyone else.

Add to that, Kompany returning from a month out and looking like it. Ditto Sterling. And Bony doing fuck all, as per. Our manager picking the wrong line up and making bizarre substitutions should surprise no-one. But good god, taking Toure off when we needed a match winner and some inspiration?

A thoroughly terrible game from start to finish. Just awful. Newcastle battled hard but with -100 for quality and yet we dropped points yet again. Pep cannot get here quick enough.

If we fail to get 4th PellegrinI should be killed, not sacked.

At this time of year games against relegation threatened teams tend to be a tough encounter. Tonight we played a side who have a handful of games to save thier skins. That team have recently appointed a manager who is amongst the best in Europe who has now had a few weeks to sort a bloody awful mess out. It was away at a stadium that hosts a very decent set of fans who can lift a side if they have the slightest reason to do so.

In 7 days time we play Real Madrid in the Champions league semi final.....now there is a very good argument to say that is the biggest match our club has ever played in, and indeed is the biggest tie a good few of our players have played in. Like it or not all concerned might just have been slightly less motivated to "get stuck in" than our opponents this evening.

All in all the performance may not have been one of our better ones, but lets give credit to Newcastle for their part in stopping us winning, and also remember we didnt get beat....had we played Newcastle a month ago we would have stuffed them. Not a bad result under the circumstances and some of the reaction on here is worryingly Rag like.

I wonder how it would have been recieved if we had won 2-0 but lost Aguero or De Bruyne through injuries caused by flying into tackles tonight?

I would normally agree about teams fighting for their PL lives etc, but this wasn't an intense game... it wasn't rip-roaring 'scrap for every ball' from Newcastle. They offered very little (as did we).
Newcastle still looked mediocre tonight, we just happened to be every bit as bad as them.

Oh well another frustrating night out. Players who can't be arsed, players who mess up simple passes, and a manager that won't learn from mistakes. And a big FUCK OFF to the **** with the flare; bet you thought it was funny when someone else got thrown out for it you twat. And another fuck off to the twatty bollock bastards at Highways: Eitngland for making such a cock up of the A1 on a night when the A19 also had diggings.

I disagree. Yeah they were poor but they worked hard, twice as hard as us. Seemed to win virtually every 50/50 and, run more miles etc etc. Not seen the match stats but would expect they prove this

If you have two players going for a 50/50 ball and one doesn't make much effort, the other will win that ball by default. So Newcastle's stats will show they won the ball. It doesn't mean they worked hard for it though.
I thought we actually handed them the ball on a plate for most of the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.