Newcastle (a) post match thread

Whenever we are behind in the scoreline seems we can't react or catch up. A quality we had somehow last season.

Gutted about tonight, The performance against Liverpool a few weeks ago was absolutely terrific, Major contrast to the performance we showed tonight! The Liverpool victory feels a bit meaningless I'm this moment in time after that defeat. Definitely thought the momentum was gong to be with us after that win.
We were terrible tonight one of our worst under Pep in my opinion. Can't really see Liverpool dropping too many points and also can't see us winning every game from now until the end of the season.
All in all still in with great chances of two domestic cups and hopefully have a real go in Europe.

Heads up Blues.

We got Pep to to put us on the map of CL. With Mancini and Pelle we had no chance to win CL. But not even getting a semifinal in CL with Pep 3 years would be a huge failure imo. For City and for Pep personally given his CL track record. With Barca and Bayern in 6 seasons he made the CL semis 5 or even all 6 times if I am correct.

In 3 years at City he failed vs Monaco last 16 then last 8 vs Pool last year. This season we should go trough vs Schalke but last 8 we gonna get some real big team again. That will be the ultimate test for Pep. Juve, Barca, PSG, Real, Pool/Bayern ...
With the greatest respect, tonight was about beating fucking Newcastle, no one else

So much money spent on defending and we still have problems defending. These useless second balls in front of goal, you just know it will end up in the back of the net.
Ederson is starting to look like another Bravo. Is he able to save anything, other than what is expected of him? He is not a world class keeper. Both Alisson, De Gea, Lloris and a lot of keepers are better. The feet? Sure Ederson is the best, but the feet is only a part of it. I hope Zack Steffen will become our number 1 next season. I'm starting to lose faith in Ederson. Crystal Palace, Leicester, Newcastle. He has to start showing his worth, more than just playing out from the back. We need a fkng keeper. Their job is to save the team when the defenders screw up.

If the scousers bottle it tomorrow in in the same way we did tonight it's back on. If they stroll to three points we're fecked

We looked lethargic, jaded, slow, and short of ideas. I wonder if this coasting after going in front, and taking our foot off the gas is a deliberate tactic, rather than complacency, in order to save energy. I think this fighting on 4 fronts, and playing a strong team every game is grinding us down. It was a tired performance, in both body and mind. We're trying to win everything, which is great of course, but it will probably cost us retaining the title.

Fucking tired my arse half these players haven’t played for over a week. We have stopped the press and our attacking play is pedestrian at times like under pellets. Thought pep wouldn’t accept this but he
We didn't let Van Dijk go anywhere, He always wanted Liverpool.

Did you not watch the prime programme , we bottled at the price

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.