Newcastle (a) post match thread

Why are people debating who/what position we should've strengthened in last summer?...do people really believe that the reason we lost last night was down to a lack of talent/strength in depth of our squad? Fuckin ell....we've just scored 30 odd goals in a calendar month are in a position to win all 4 trophies having scored over a hundred fuckin goals and people want more? Here's a positive....if the scousers lose by 2 goals tonight we'll be better off than we were before the Newcastle game...same points behind with a better goal difference with 14 games left to play. Even if we go 7 points behind there's still 42 points to play for what's the fuckin panic? Might be a good thing them thinking they've already won it...it was last time.

No; just the hindsight heroes out to play.
I think more of a case of no fucker can explain what happened last night.
Im baffled by it, why did Pep look so pissed off the whole game. like he was sulking about something ?

Big difference is last season didn’t have the World Cup leading up to it meaning the players had no rest in the summer (physically or mentally).

Not to be a tit, but that can be said for all top teams. We are not the only team who had playars in the World Cup

Sometimes teams just have a collective bad day and yesterday was that. In games like that we are screaming out for a fully fit Mendy.

I'm sure the players were as dejected with their performance as Pep and we all were/are and I've no doubt that the diplomacy shown in the post-match press conference is just that and the 1st team staff are fully aware of what's needed in terms of recruitment to push on in all fronts for future seasons. Hopefully the powers that be can secure Pep's targets in the summer. If we get to 2 of the 3 cup finals (Hopefully win a couple) and come in the top 2 in the EPL that's an incredible effort once again.

In the immediate, short term i fully expect the players the want to redeem themselves against Arsenal, Chelsea & Everton and we can just live in hope that Liverpool fall off a cliff but failing that then we just have to hold our hands up and say they have been the better team so far over the course of the season - No issues with that personally.

I generally agree to all of that,
but you know we did start quick! Went for a goal and scored, being a bit lucky the way it happened.

What annoys me most is the sad fact that our team is not able to manage the game when you feel it's not going too well up front.
We don't have the option to switch to a defensive "shut down
Not got time to keep going round on this but most of the goals conceded in the games you refer to had little or nothing to do with digging in or not.
what I mean is, when we were leading in these games as last night, when it gets to 1-1 should we not use game management, I say digging in, we really are a mentally weak team if we flap at a slight touch of adversary.

We only have ourselves to blame this season, to lose three games against Leicester, Palace and Newcastle after taking the lead is unforgivable.

As much as people don't like to admit it he Dippers deserve to win the League this year.

We're having a good season, but Liverpool are having a great one. Don't care one jot about retaining titles the league will be like this for the next 5 years with us winning a few, United and Liverpool and Chelsea getting one in between.

what I mean is, when we were leading in these games as last night, when it gets to 1-1 should we not use game management, I say digging in, we really are a mentally weak team if we flap at a slight touch of adversary.

The opposite is true if you remember beating dippers 2-1.

I don't generally talk about us being a mentally weak team, we have had some success.

I was going for winning a match smart, also on a bad day.

I'd wager Walker has been responsible for half the goals we have conceded this season.

He never was the most technically proficient but even his supposed recovery pace isn't as pronounced this season.

He makes numerous bad choices and being asked to join up and make another man in the midfield is exposing both him and us horribly. He always turns inside and is never far away from a rash challenge, overrunning the ball or a bad tackle.

I personally don't like him and would prefer we went after someone we can rely on for the next five or six years, the lad Wan-Bissaka at Palace, he''l do for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.