Newcastle (a) post match thread

Last thing you wanna do is listen to pundits or read papers or visit forums. For one or 2 days atleast best thing is to use less social media, avoid papers and football on TV. Isn't it hard enough already to swallow the defeat alone or you prefer an extra topping of salt?
I assume that last bit was rhetorical, as I said I am looking to stay away, as you and I have described.

Not sure what Sane did to deserve get taken off over anyone else, Mahrez must feel a bit embarrassed not getting a look in whilst chasing a game like that!

Just got the feeling back to go on bluemoon and see what's being said.
No sky or talk sport this morning. Why do I feel so down. I should be used to city losing after 50 years of watching. But last night?
There didn't seem to be any cohesion considering that was near our best team.
Dont think pep was on form either.
Why it happened I don't know. What I do know I'll be there on Sunday hoping to start again. Come on City show us what your made of.

Most frustrating factor for me is the fact scoring so early should have ended Newcastle's game plan, after leading we should have sat back, given them the ball, and picked them off, nothing altered and their limited ability but we'll drilled defending allowed them a platform to stay in, and ultimately win the game

What pissed me off was that the more the game went on the more you could see Newcastle growing in confidence. Also with our continuous poor passing they knew we were having a bad night and started to believe they could get something out of the game. I think Pep could see this too and City fans felt that pessimism too.
I just wish that when we find ourselves in that situation we could change to a more pragmatic approach and hold onto what we have - taking less risks and keeping solid at the back. I know Pep doesn’t play that way it’s a futile wish on my part but I think on the hour mark last night changing our approach would have seen out the game. It’s all hindsight I suppose.

Just got the feeling back to go on bluemoon and see what's being said.
No sky or talk sport this morning. Why do I feel so down. I should be used to city losing after 50 years of watching. But last night?
There didn't seem to be any cohesion considering that was near our best team.
Dont think pep was on form either.
Why it happened I don't know. What I do know I'll be there on Sunday hoping to start again. Come on City show us what your made of.

That’s the spirit Kev. Ctid

I think Pep knew this was coming

The talk in the build up to the game about big teams keep winning no matter what , he must have picked up on a lack of desire in the squad to win these four games and put real pressure on the scousers

It’s not just city that have had this issue recently , no title has been retained in England for ten years ...why is that

Is it difficult to maintain the intensity and hunger for more than a season

I think a few of our players have perhaps won their first major trophy and think they have climbed their Everest ? Walker , Delph have been shadows of the players we saw last season

We can still do it but we are relying on Liverpool to fuck up a fair few times now , we can only afford one more slip which is a tall order based on the last couple of months form

Come on city !

It was a strange feeling last night. 2nd half found myself clock watching!!! We couldn't make a number short passes & the balls over the defence to Sane or Sterling were too heavy and running out of play on a number of occasions. I can't get my head round why Aguero needs to run the full length of the pitch to the left back position to tackle a Newcastle forward.Pep didn't seem as animated unless my eyes were fooling me up in the gods.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.