Newcastle (A) | Wed 27th Sept | EFL Cup | Post Match Thread

I know teams like to beat us. Didn’t realise Newcastle fans were that desperate though.
Pity we got knocked out though. I know we will have to play the extra WC games so it might suit us in the end. I will not be in the canp that says it doesn’t matter as it’s a small prize. It’s an opportunity for players that need minutes.

We need this competition to bring injured players back to fitness, I despair at those who are happy with a defeat, just me and Pep pissed off with that then?
We need these games like a hole in the head. Pep is much happier knowing his players will be resting and on the training ground rather than playing any more games in this comp.

Glad we are out this early given the number of games we have with a thin squad.

Phillips and Gomez simply aren’t good enough for us.

Thought Grealish was terrible tonight but perhaps still getting match sharpness.

Bobb excellent.

Five pages in and it’s turned into a Phillips-bashing thread.

I think the second half and game as a whole had more issues than Phillips.
I thought Phillips did ok, he may have misplaced the odd pass but most players on that pitch tonight did too. It’s Grealish who is going to have to book his ideas up. IMO, he will not get his place back in front of Doku with a performance like that. Gomez did ok for me in midfield, I’m not yet convinced there’s a left back in him.

Something that summed it up for me and I think pep had a word with Howe about it.
First half Newcastle player goes down and we stop attacking hold the ball until he gets up, mentioned by the commentators. Second half Gomez goes down on edge of our box and Newcastle carry on, no mention.

Didn’t think I’d feel as gutted as this even though we didn’t really deserve to get anything out of it. Grealish struggled to make any impact whatsoever and disappointed with Phillips for giving up on their goal by watching them score from the penalty spot instead of getting on the goal line. Great first half from Bobb though.

Impossible to win the quadruple , and we have gone out of the least important one , would have taken a slender defeat before the game and we got it , we move on to bigger challenges.We need to get our squad full fit over the next few weeks and stay at the top of the league and qualiify in the Champs league and that has to be our target for the New Year and we can kick-on and engage overdrive and mop up more trophies next year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.