Newcastle (A) | Wed 27th Sept | EFL Cup | Post Match Thread

Not bad first half, really bad second half.

Nobody seemed arsed second half until Foden Nunes and Doku came on. I know we will be in Saudi Arabia come Quarter Final time but even so, nearly 5,000 took an afternoon/day off work to travel up there so would have been nice to have given it a proper go.

Will be forgotten about by fans and players the time we play Wolves though.

We need this competition to bring injured players back to fitness, I despair at those who are happy with a defeat, just me and Pep pissed off with that then?
Think Pep was more pissed off with the officials than the result, they basically allowed Newcastle to kick their way into the lead, then blew the whistle every ten seconds when they were one up, no coincidence the first two bookings were our lads, born out of pure frustration, this seems to be a continuous theme in our games

We need this competition to bring injured players back to fitness, I despair at those who are happy with a defeat, just me and Pep pissed off with that then?
If you think Pep was pissed off about the result, i suggest you look at his actions. If you have a 50 goal a season striker on the bench and you are 1-0 down and he remains on the bench. You know how important the result is. Ake and Kovacic off looked predetermined to me.

Don’t think after the heat of battle, Pep will give a monkeys.

Last edited:
The reality is it’s probably for the best. Those two semi‘s in January are always a killer. Newcastle are a horrible bunch of dirty bastards with a snidey shithouse of a manager and that’s why I wanted us to smash them, but that’s my emotions getting in the way.

Safe journey back all you blue boys.

As long as we have Guardiola, there will never be a day when the Etihad is on its feet because players are running around like headless chickens.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.