Newcastle (A) | Wed 27th Sept | EFL Cup | Post Match Thread

one look at the line ups and you could see 1 goal would win the match. like last year we have bigger and better comps to focus on, even more!
One look at the first half and you could see how it would go. They didn’t touch the ball for 44 minutes and we very nearly went in 1-0 down. That felt like a game we were never really going to win.

We beat Newcastle 1-0 in our first home game of the season. We played well and should have won by more but no one thought it was anything other than a good win. These lot are celebrating like they've witnessed the second coming.
Sky not showing Pep's post match interview before the draw is downright disrespectful.

Fair fucks from Howe. Praised us. Said result was right. Can’t argue. He wants this and this could be the cup like we won in 2011.

I’ve never seen a person talk like he does though, where the teeth don’t separate. It’s like his top and bottom teeth are joined, and he just moves his lips. Weird.
He’d make a top ventriloquist

Fair assessment. Rico still has a lot to learn and miles off holding down a place. Alvarez works like a Trojan, but needs to improve his first touch and his close control. It costs us at times when it’s turned over and we’re on the attack. Akanji isn’t a dominant centre back, needs Dias or Stones with him.
This was a predominantly 2nd string. On to Wolves!
Alvarez needs to improve his first touch LMFAO.

He took two touches for his goal against Forest that were so quick the slow-mo looked full speed.

Come on mate.

I remember where I was when I heard that Elvis had died.
I also remember the night when Princess 'The Queen of Hearts' died and now I will be able to tell my grand child that I can remember exactly what I was doing the night of that famous Newcastle victory of Manchester City.
haha, aparently this was an epic victory for the barcodes

After Peps pre match comments i wasn't really expecting us to win. First half we was great and should of took our chances, once the Newcastle subs came on the game changed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.