Newcastle are cr*p!

Re: Newcastle are crap!

For what is quite an arrogant thread there is after all a fair amount of sense being talked.

Newcastle don't have much out and out quality, but they are extremely well organised and disciplined. I think they will prove more difficult to break down than Everton. I saw their games away at Stoke and a fair bit of Everton at home. Against Stoke I was very impressed - all that 'Fortress Brittania' stuff didnt faze them at all, they were disciplined and professional at a place that is hard to go to. They haven't had many really testing fixtures but make no mistake, Stoke away was one of them. Against Everton, I was less impressed. I thought Everton went out with a far more positive attitude than they did against us. If Everton had gone out with the same mentality as against us, ie defend and get a draw, Newcastle would have struggled against them.

We shouldn't forget that some decidedly average teams have scored against us this season. Fulham and QPR have both scored 2 against us, and Wolves and Villa have both scored at our place, so we are not impregnable. It isn't difficult to see how Newcastle might nick a goal on the break and defend resolutely for 90 minutes.

That said, we are better than them in every department. If we played them 10 times on the trot, we'd probably win 8 or 9 of them. We should beat them, may be not comfortably, maybe 2-1 rather than 3 or 4-0, but the sort of game we can win, should win and probably will win. But if things go against us, we might end up losing or drawing.

waspish said:
Will they be a tougher nut to crack than Everton were? Watching them I think it'll be a little bit easier

Sorry, did I make it sound like I knew what I was talking about? ;)

Who knows. Probably not. If I had to guess I'd say Everton were better defenders man for man against on-the-deck stuff. It's the two central players who worry me, they can spray it out to the flanks with ease, and with the wingers and strikers, they do more than enough work off the ball. We haven't really faced many well balanced midfields. Spurs and Utd were shocking through the middle.

M22 Blue said:
I can't see the game being as hard for us as the Qpr game was.
Our players never looked comfortable on the QPR pitch. Warnock definitely tried to pull a fast one there, it was long, greasy with some very 'unusual' patches. Even so, if we'd been a bit smarter in and around the box, we could have ruined them in the second half.

They've got us and the Rags away and then Chelsea at home for their next 3 league games so we'll see how the're doing after that. I agree they've done well to get to where they are but they've certainly had a favorable fixture list so far.

Its very arrogant to call them "crap".

Its a big game for me personally as the mrs and all her family are Newcastle fans, iv always had a soft spot for them in a "would like to see them stay up" kind of way. Its not goin to be easy but is it ever? I think we'll beat 'em because our home form is top notch and i can see Pardew having a go at us with their wingers, of which i'm hoping could play into our hands. It could be a tight game with Napoli on the horizon, i'm quietly confident we'll beat 'em but to call them crap is insane!

If we're without our two starting CMs which looks possible then I'd say we probably are crap. The second half against Everton an example of that. They're crucial to us both what they offer defensively and in possession.

If they're both fit I reckon we'll give you a decent game.

If you read the newcastle thread they are coming up with the same boring cliches that every other team has used so far against us as to why they will beat us. The tevez issue, dzeko is unhappy, balotelli being an idiot and apparently we are only any good cos we have got a couple of world class players who would walk into any team, stop silva and you stop city, blah blah blah

Heard em all before and none of em has managed it as of yet. Knowing how to stop someone and being able to do it are 2 entirely different things, everyone knows how to stop barcelona and everyone knows how to stop RM but very few people do it, everyone knows how to stop city but no one has done it yet.

I have seen them on numerous occassions this year and they have been hugely lucky against everton a newcastle defender made a diving save no penalty and they got a stupid own goal, against wigan at home they looked no great shakes and neither did they against spurs. They have the best defensive record in the league well good for them after playing all those perennial big scorers, wigan, stoke, everton, sunderland etc. I am not taking anything away from them but on no occasion have they gone out and stomped on a team all they are us is decent and hardworking bit like wolves, qpr, everton etc all have been.

collie40 said:
lee-mcfc said:
you fool. they are obviously not "crap" but they wont finish top 4 come may.

Believe me i'm no fool, they will be lucky to finish in the top 12! Have u actually watched them? :)
Yes i have watched them and they are sitting nicely in 3rd.

arrogant people like you annoy the shit out of me.

and now they have picked up on it i blame you if we lose.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.nufc-forum.com/nufcforum/index.php?topic=41649.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.nufc-forum.com/nufcforum/ind ... ic=41649.0</a>

any newcastle fans reading this thread,we don't all think the same as the OP.

mancboy123 said:
If you read the newcastle thread they are coming up with the same boring cliches that every other team has used so far against us as to why they will beat us. The tevez issue, dzeko is unhappy, balotelli being an idiot and apparently we are only any good cos we have got a couple of world class players who would walk into any team, stop silva and you stop city, blah blah blah

Which forum is this on mate? Don't think many of us are expecting much out of this fixture. Not really bothered either, unlike what the media will have you think these next 3 games won't define our season. It's funny that Spurs got comprehensively stuffed in both Manchester games yet that hasn't been used as a stick to beat them with in the way it has with us. It's pretty laughable that a team like ourselves managing to break the status quo of the top 6 for a couple of months in a season has offended the media so much.

Sewelly said:
mancboy123 said:

Which forum is this on mate? Don't think many of us are expecting much out of this fixture. Not really bothered either, unlike what the media will have you think these next 3 games won't define our season. It's funny that Spurs got comprehensively stuffed in both Manchester games yet that hasn't been used as a stick to beat them with in the way it has with us. It's pretty laughable that a team like ourselves managing to break the status quo of the top 6 for a couple of months in a season has offended the media so much.

I have been more impressed with Newcastle this year than any other team (except the obvious). You are certainly not crap. Very good points about Spurs and the media there too. It's gonna be interesting to see where you are after Xmas.

Tables don't lie. I'm expecting Newcastle to pull some tricks off their sleeves.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.