Newcastle (H) - Ticket Office Protest

It does feel like the usefulness of a cityzens matchday membership has run its course for me. I don’t feel the club owe me anything. It’s a shame that the club don’t feel differently however.

But it’s a business, I get it. I’m not a guaranteed purchase for every game. However the club wants every seat for every game paid for. There’s enough fans now, with money, that they can achieve it. Whether all the seats will have people in them, that’s a different matter altogether.
Feel the same have a citizens matchday membership for the wife never got the games she wants so not renewing the membership of 6 years

Calling all blues, seasoncard holders included, to stand with your fellow matchgoing supporters and protest against the Ticket Office's new policy of overriding the loyalty points system. Ideas welcome, but I suggest a peaceful meet out the front of the Ticket Office and banners in the stadium. Perhaps the 1894 Group or City Matters could assist or raise this through the appropriate channels.

It happened for Real Madrid (H) and now releasing all home league tickets in one swoop with no loyalty points criteria breakdown, which practically means that any non-seasoncard holder with potentially thousands of loyalty points cannot attend Premier League games this season. This doesn't affect me as a seasoncard holder, but is affecting thousands of blues with years and decades of previous sales history. We cannot stand for this and let longstanding fellow supporters be shafted in favour of open sale and black market sales. How long until this becomes the norm for all cup games and even away games?

Any club would swap their position for ours on the pitch and by way of ownership, but longstanding fans are being treated like dirt. We cannot just stand by and let our club be lost to the masses. Do they expect the same uptake post-Pep? The DNA of our club have been alienated and left behind and the club need to be shown that we will not tolerate this. The radio silence on the Istanbul debacle speaks volumes, but we will leave that as a separate discussion.

Thanks, and I hope we can gain some traction on this.
The ticket point / loyalty point scheme sucks. It benefits people who have been going for years over new fans coming on board whatever their age. It creates a closed shop and that is not healthy for breathing new life into the fan base. How can we grow our fan base by excluding them?

Face it, City are successful and demand has risen, and the stupid "1894 Boycott " of the Community Shield totally backfired, as it sold out quicker than ever!

Have you noticed the coverage on the BBC website has rocketed since City won in Istanbul? The Club has changed.

There has to be a balance between looking after long serving supporters and embracing newer ones.

However, we have too many season ticket holders, which means very few tickets go on sale for each match and as far as I can see the club is working to reduce this. From figures I have seen this has reduced from 42k to 40k and to 38k last time I saw over the past few years. Liverpool and Spurs by contrast have 25k.

A fair system is to have 3 tiers, season ticket holders, members in a regular PL ballot and a small number of PL tickets on open sale for members not in a ballot and cup schemes. You could make the bigger fixtures ballot only. To qualify for the ballot you have to have a high percentage track record of applying for domestic cup tickets and attending. This way you ensure less popular fixtures sell better.

The advantage of a ballot is that the ratio of numvers in the ballot to tickets available can be modified as circumstances change.

I didn't have the chance to get on at 10 as working fitst chance I had was last night at 10 pm although most are still on sale there all single seats so no good for me and kid . The only game I could find two together for sheff United in December. Ffs

Very disappointing and won't bother re newing next year unless the Cup matches are easier to get which I think they will be until we get to the later rounds where once again will have no chance o well roll on the expansion..
Bournemouth game has plenty on seats together in 3rd tier of CB stand

Purpose is to boost points. Sorry but I'm not trawling through bluemoon to find every post on this topic for you, I've not got the time for that. It's common enough. I think the latest place I've seen it said is in the Super Cup thread.

But there is absolutely nothing to be gained, under the current system, for non season ticket holders to be boosting points. A member with 25,000 points is in the exact same place in the pecking order as one who joined for the first time last season and has been to five games.

No points are awarded for The Super Cup.

But there is absolutely nothing to be gained, under the current system, for non season ticket holders to be boosting points. A member with 25,000 points is in the exact same place in the pecking order as one who joined for the first time last season and has been to five games.

Aren't Cityzens members on the waiting list for ST's automatically?

The benefit would come if they eventually buy a ST

Has it not been like this for a few seasons now where points are only added to season ticket holders.
This was always going to happen sadly as the club have hit heights in support numbers wise and having to justify the £35 membership.
The good old days have long gone of picking a game nearer the time and attending.
My main gripe would be season seats that were given up not going for resale.

Nottingham Forest are asking £40 for a basic membership which, according to their forum, has no chance of getting you match tickets.
The figure may be out by I always understood clubs had to make 10% of home tickets on sale on a match by match basis?

Has it not been like this for a few seasons now where points are only added to season ticket holders.
This was always going to happen sadly as the club have hit heights in support numbers wise and having to justify the £35 membership.
The good old days have long gone of picking a game nearer the time and attending.
My main gripe would be season seats that were given up not going for resale.
You are right about the ticket exchange but last season I think it worked much better than previously. I used it for a few matches I couldn't get to for health reasons and my seat sold very quickly. There are usually plenty of returns about a week before the match, sometimes hundreds. It is a great opportunity for last minute purchases for casual fans. To be fair to City demand is huge and they have to maximise revenues for FFP reasons. It is not unusual to buy a concert for a music gig 12 months in advance. We need a bigger stadium asap (bigger than 61,000).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.