Newcastle (H) - Ticket Office Protest

You are right about the ticket exchange but last season I think it worked much better than previously. I used it for a few matches I couldn't get to for health reasons and my seat sold very quickly. There are usually plenty of returns about a week before the match, sometimes hundreds. It is a great opportunity for last minute purchases for casual fans. To be fair to City demand is huge and they have to maximise revenues for FFP reasons. It is not unusual to buy a concert for a music gig 12 months in advance. We need a bigger stadium asap (bigger than 61,000).
Agree with you but I meant that the actual full season tickets that were not renewed.
I believe not one season ticket that was given up went onsale this season.

Aren't Cityzens members on the waiting list for ST's automatically?

The benefit would come if they eventually buy a ST
I don’t believe that’s been the case for a couple of years.
There isn’t a ‘waiting list’ anymore. The club don’t consider season tickets to be as commercially appealing as selling individual match tickets. Any season ticket not renewed now just gets sold on a match by match basis.

Agree with you but I meant that the actual full season tickets that were not renewed.
I believe not one season ticket that was given up went onsale this season.

If you wanted to be generous and look at it from the club’s point of view, it is possible that they ended up over subscribed after those who referred for a season were effectively replaced but then came back themselves. It may be the case that the past two years of non sales ( bar a few Silvers ) were just getting back to pre Covid numbers.

Not saying that is the case. But possible I suppose.

Of course, if season ticket numbers weren’t always such a huge secret, we wouldn’t need to be guessing.

Anyone concerned about the North Stand expansion and being able to fill those new seats should read this thread

It isn't a new policy, it has been the same for 10 years or so, but is unworkable now due to the hight demand.

One membership per ticket per any game is newer.

Treating any season ticket holder who downgrades to a matchday membership as not buying tickets for the last season is an issue.

The club are going down the route of previous and this season's attendance for members with the 5 criteria and the FA Cup Final.

If the club does introduce new criteria for next season it is likely to be based on games bought this season, as that is where the money is.

The club does zero to consult on changes which is a big issue, they may tell a small group of people restricted by an NDA for their own personal views now and again, then have no regard to them. Wider consultation is needed and the formulation of a Ticket Allocation Policy covering all sales including new season tickets etc. Currently it is made up as it goes along.

The figure may be out by I always understood clubs had to make 10% of home tickets on sale on a match by match basis?
The issue at Forest is that they have several levels of membership. Pro member or something. So by the time it gets to the basic member there is little, if any, chance of getting tickets. Maybe the league cup games.

The ticket point / loyalty point scheme sucks. It benefits people who have been going for years over new fans coming on board whatever their age. It creates a closed shop and that is not healthy for breathing new life into the fan base. How can we grow our fan base by excluding them?

Face it, City are successful and demand has risen, and the stupid "1894 Boycott " of the Community Shield totally backfired, as it sold out quicker than ever!

Have you noticed the coverage on the BBC website has rocketed since City won in Istanbul? The Club has changed.

There has to be a balance between looking after long serving supporters and embracing newer ones.

However, we have too many season ticket holders, which means very few tickets go on sale for each match and as far as I can see the club is working to reduce this. From figures I have seen this has reduced from 42k to 40k and to 38k last time I saw over the past few years. Liverpool and Spurs by contrast have 25k.

A fair system is to have 3 tiers, season ticket holders, members in a regular PL ballot and a small number of PL tickets on open sale for members not in a ballot and cup schemes. You could make the bigger fixtures ballot only. To qualify for the ballot you have to have a high percentage track record of applying for domestic cup tickets and attending. This way you ensure less popular fixtures sell better.

The advantage of a ballot is that the ratio of numvers in the ballot to tickets available can be modified as circumstances change.
Stupid/moronic idea.

Let's be honest. This new system is perfect for the club.

It creates panic, so people rush to buy tickets at whatever the cost! Less time for fans to kick off about price rises. Money goes into their bank (and out of our pockets) sooner. Loads of 'new' fans input their data and pay to become members (AKA sales targets).

The only people who miss out are us legacy fans because now thousands of new supporters are willing to take yours or my place.
I agree with most of this mate. Good post. Danny Wilson and Roel de Vries will achieve their bonuses. It is a perfect storm and many Blues were poorly treated for the Madrid game to name but one:

Yes we are attracting plenty of new fans but we’ve also got more kids and grandkids of die hard Blues wanting to go to the game and that pushes up demand. Surely, they are welcome even if that’s over long serving Blues who didn’t have much interest attending Champs League games until we were serious contenders to win it.

One thing I will say in fairness to our Execs although I don’t like the fact none of them are Blues. We’ve had idiots in the media and former rival clubs like the rags obsess about empty seats for yonks. Part of the Club’s response is going to be make sure our games are sold out fast, even though all the empty seats bollox was much exaggerated.

I would t be surprised if the Board take the Execs by increasing ticket revenue by the rate of inflation. We already know KPIs include getting closer to the rags and dippers on membership sales. Season cards across the board can’t be seen to increase by hyper inflation rates so a range of more subtle methods are used to achieve this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.