Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesn’t work like that, sadly. All the players and partners could get better food cooked at home for them from their personal chefs.

Some players and partners acclimatise better than others.

All clubs these days pander to their players’ whims.

Its their life outside the club that they moan about.
I had 3 mates who were professional footballers.

One played nearly 300 games for Newcastle, one played nearly 60 games between Sunderland and Leeds and the other played around 200 games between Spurs and Chelsea and the best house one of them had was a 3 bedroom semi-detached which my brother painted because the money was so bad.

How things have changed.

The same ones who are going to the World Cup and don't see the slightest hypocrisy.
That’s slightly different. They haven’t chosen where the tournament is held.

Well, unless the fans that are calling them out on it aren’t going to watch any of the tournament.

That’s slightly different. They haven’t chosen where the tournament is held.

Well, unless the fans that are calling them out on it aren’t going to watch any of the tournament.
They could report the games from this country, they don't have to travel to watch them.

Ashworth could turn out to be a great acquisition for the club, as could Eales as CEO. I don’t think either have had an impact on the club yet as they’re both still getting their feet under the table. Ashworth did help out in the Summer Transfer Window but he didn’t have a lot of say because we had already identified our targets. It looks like we’re going to step up our presence in Brazil to try and tap that market for good value players and I think we’ll be paying good money for potential. I’m more than happy with that until we can get our academy working.

The club are spending a lot of time talking to the local city council as we work on what we can do to increase our capacity as we could probably get another 30,000 and that’s before we win anything. We’re also doing some work at the training ground to improve it but we’re also working on a brand new state of the art training ground which will bring the academy, women’s team and men’s facilities all within the same facility.

It's probably the most excited that I’ve ever been supporting Newcastle and I started watching us when you won your second league title when you beat us 4-3. I was really young back then so remember more about the occasions than the games as my uncle used to take me because he didn’t have his own kids back then. I think I was his excuse to go.
I wish ye all the best as I hope ye are our main competition in a few years ( fuck the various reds and fuck spurs).

My advice to your club would be to invest in fancy restaurants, a jumbo city wide umbrella, outdoor heaters on each street corner and hundreds of plastic palm trees. No problem signing the South Americans then.

For the African just invest in a talented decorative bakery and a decent calendar reminder app.

Enjoy the season and catch ye in the CL final in a few years.

I wish ye all the best as I hope ye are our main competition in a few years ( fuck the various reds and fuck spurs).

My advice to your club would be to invest in fancy restaurants, a jumbo city wide umbrella, outdoor heaters on each street corner and hundreds of plastic palm trees. No problem signing the South Americans then.

For the African just invest in a talented decorative bakery and a decent calendar reminder app.

Enjoy the season and catch ye in the CL final in a few years.

The city centre has gone that way anyway since covid. We have a lot of outdoor seating with heaters and umbrellas outside the pubs.

Indeed. Social Media debate has made absolutism and whataboutism huge things.

Do you expect every climate change activist not to use a fossil fuel?
We all use fossil fuels, it's up to governments to invest in green energy instead of giving their mates our money. EV battery recycling could make a massive difference to reducing our reliance on fossil fuels as we need to reduce the cost of EV’s.

Hydrogen could work if we can reduce the cost of energy as at the minute it takes more energy to produce hydrogen than we can get out of it. I guess the price to buy teh car will come down if they are sold in bulk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.