Newcastle Thread - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lovely story Mick and welcome to how we felt in Autumn 2008. Buckle up for the ride of your lives!

Are you thinking of expanding the Sports Direct Arena aka SJP or looking at a new stadium?

Training facilities are a key part of success, so doing that lays the foundation for life at the top.

How do you think your location will affect who signs for you? Do you think that if you become a regular top 4+ team that players will just come then anyway?
I can be perfectly honest with you, I was never against your takeover. I was totally jealous because it could have been us. Your owners enquired about buying us and Ashley didn’t bother talking as he was probably waiting for a stupid bid which never came.

Again, with Chelsea, I wasn’t against it, I was green with envy and wished you both luck.

Anybody who moans about any takeover can get in the bin.

Off the top of my head we have Bruno playing for Brazil. Trippier will probably go with England and Schar should go with Switzerland.

We have a few others who could go but are unlikely. Joelinton is still uncapped for Brazil, Wilson is good enough to go with England but he's never fit for enough games. Botman could get a call up as he does look good enough but he dropped out of Holland’s last set of under 21 games because he felt that it would be better for his career if he had 2 weeks training with Newcastle while he settles in.

Weird things could happen, I supported us when we went into Christmas 12 points clear at the top of the Premiership so I expect anythign happening to us is more often than not going to be negative rather than positive.
Sounds like you could be fresh for the second half of the season.

Lovely story Mick and welcome to how we felt in Autumn 2008. Buckle up for the ride of your lives!

Are you thinking of expanding the Sports Direct Arena aka SJP or looking at a new stadium?

Training facilities are a key part of success, so doing that lays the foundation for life at the top.

How do you think your location will affect who signs for you? Do you think that if you become a regular top 4+ team that players will just come then anyway?

Sorry, I didn't answer you fully.

It’s funny that you mention the Sports Direct Arena, there was hell on when Ashley renamed it but that was only because the club didn’t benefit financially. We are hearing talk now that the ground might be renamed again and I hope that it is as long as money is coming into the club. I’d sell my dad if Newcastle could get money for him and it improved the club.

We look like we’re trying to expand St James’ Park but I don’t know how we do that. We could look to continue the upper levels around the back of the Gallowgate (South Stand) and then maybe put another level on top of the east stand but I don’t know enough about the structures foundations to know what is possible or not. We could knock down what we have and start again, that would be possible as long as we have somewhere to play whilst that’s happening. We could expand Gateshead Stadium for them before doing anything with our ground and use that. I think everything is still possible but it does sound as if we’re talking with the right people.

Location will have nothing to do with who we can bring in. I know we all think where we’re born is the best and we cant be right but I love our location. I’ve lived in the midlands, I’ve lived in Scotland and I’ve lived 40 miles from Manchester and Newcastle has as much to offer as anywhere. I hate London so can’t see the attraction although I accept that I’m not in the majority on that one, it’s still only 40 minutes away by plane. I can be at the beach within 20 minutes, I can be inside 3 City Centre’s within 20 minutes and I’m in the countryside within 20 minutes. Other than easterly winds in mid-winter, the place is great as long as we sell it.

We have local history to die for and enough to keep young families busy for the rest of their lives as long as we make than aware of it. We also have more than enough pubs etc but they can be dangerous for young players who can get distracted.

We’ve attracted Ginola, Robert, Asprilla, Bruno, Botman and Isak to name a few. I think most players will come if we sell the project to them.

Sorry, I didn't answer you fully.

It’s funny that you mention the Sports Direct Arena, there was hell on when Ashley renamed it but that was only because the club didn’t benefit financially. We are hearing talk now that the ground might be renamed again and I hope that it is as long as money is coming into the club. I’d sell my dad if Newcastle could get money for him and it improved the club.

We look like we’re trying to expand St James’ Park but I don’t know how we do that. We could look to continue the upper levels around the back of the Gallowgate (South Stand) and then maybe put another level on top of the east stand but I don’t know enough about the structures foundations to know what is possible or not. We could knock down what we have and start again, that would be possible as long as we have somewhere to play whilst that’s happening. We could expand Gateshead Stadium for them before doing anything with our ground and use that. I think everything is still possible but it does sound as if we’re talking with the right people.

Location will have nothing to do with who we can bring in. I know we all think where we’re born is the best and we cant be right but I love our location. I’ve lived in the midlands, I’ve lived in Scotland and I’ve lived 40 miles from Manchester and Newcastle has as much to offer as anywhere. I hate London so can’t see the attraction although I accept that I’m not in the majority on that one, it’s still only 40 minutes away by plane. I can be at the beach within 20 minutes, I can be inside 3 City Centre’s within 20 minutes and I’m in the countryside within 20 minutes. Other than easterly winds in mid-winter, the place is great as long as we sell it.

We have local history to die for and enough to keep young families busy for the rest of their lives as long as we make than aware of it. We also have more than enough pubs etc but they can be dangerous for young players who can get distracted.

We’ve attracted Ginola, Robert, Asprilla, Bruno, Botman and Isak to name a few. I think most players will come if we sell the project to them.
Location isn’t important for us plebs, but it is to footballers and their WAGs. Gundogan’s missus has come out with some shite about not having decent restaurants here.

London is a pull for players, even though I agree with your assessment of it.

The players you’ve attracted aren’t top level. It’ll be interesting when they start agreeing to join, if they do.

Sounds like you could be fresh for the second half of the season.

We are going to Saudi again during the winter break, it worked really well for us last time and it winds other fans up so I love it.

I love everything that we do when I see others moaning about us because it's pathetic jealousy. Some of your near neighbours seem to be wound up more than most, maybe because they tried to sell 30% of their club to PIF for £700 million and got laughed at.

We are going to Saudi again during the winter break, it worked really well for us last time and it winds other fans up so I love it.

I love everything that we do when I see others moaning about us because it's pathetic jealousy. Some of your near neighbours seem to be wound up more than most, maybe because they tried to sell 30% of their club to PIF for £700 million and got laughed at.
They just don’t realise that our owners’ don’t take money out of our clubs whilst theirs do.

FFP forbids owner investment, so everything in the accounts is self made.It’s just their owners take dividends out and ours don’t.

Location isn’t important for us plebs, but it is to footballers and their WAGs. Gundogan’s missus has come out with some shite about not having decent restaurants here.

London is a pull for players, even though I agree with your assessment of it.

The players you’ve attracted aren’t top level. It’ll be interesting when they start agreeing to join, if they do.

I understand what you’ve said about Gundogan’s wife and I would like to think that the club is run professionally enough to do something with the WAG’s. They really should employ somebody on that side of the club to keep them busy. Take them out during the week and give them a taste of what we have to offer. We have some fantastic places to eat but they’re not the most obvious places. We have some of the best Indian and Chinese food in the country but we have so many that it might be pot luck whether somebody from the area stumbles on to them.

The club should also take WAG’s to places like London, Manchester etc when the players are away and they might not be going to the games.

Does City do anything for the WAG’s or families? I hope that we do, or will do?

I understand what you’ve said about Gundogan’s wife and I would like to think that the club is run professionally enough to do something with the WAG’s. They really should employ somebody on that side of the club to keep them busy. Take them out during the week and give them a taste of what we have to offer. We have some fantastic places to eat but they’re not the most obvious places. We have some of the best Indian and Chinese food in the country but we have so many that it might be pot luck whether somebody from the area stumbles on to them.

The club should also take WAG’s to places like London, Manchester etc when the players are away and they might not be going to the games.

Does City do anything for the WAG’s or families? I hope that we do, or will do?
It doesn’t work like that, sadly. All the players and partners could get better food cooked at home for them from their personal chefs.

Some players and partners acclimatise better than others.

All clubs these days pander to their players’ whims.

Its their life outside the club that they moan about.

They just don’t realise that our owners’ don’t take money out of our clubs whilst theirs do.

FFP forbids owner investment, so everything in the accounts is self made.It’s just their owners take dividends out and ours don’t.
They were virtually 1 game away from sacking Ferguson and their whole history would have been different. I was sitting with them at Wembley when they beat us 2-0 in the FA Cup final and they were horrible, they moaned throughouth the 90 minutes and it was horrible to listen to and I hope that we never become entitled. I had a soft spot for them until that game as one of my relatives played for them years ago, not anymore.

They were virtually 1 game away from sacking Ferguson and their whole history would have been different. I was sitting with them at Wembley when they beat us 2-0 in the FA Cup final and they were horrible, they moaned throughouth the 90 minutes and it was horrible to listen to and I hope that we never become entitled. I had a soft spot for them until that game as one of my relatives played for them years ago, not anymore.
If you do start dominating, you will have to put up with entitled fans.

Not from the established fanbase, but the new social media ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.