Newcastle United (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

So proud of the lads after a tough game on Wednesday and barely any recovery time, let alone no time to train. Pep’s post match comments say it all. The mentality is something else.

A seriously assured performance and at no time was I worried about Newcastle scoring (bar Rodri’s slip up). Foden ran the show tonight, super goal from Alvarez, it wasn’t Haaland’s night but I’m not going to lose any sleep over it. Think they all tried their best and as a team we’re still lukewarm and will only get fitter and sharper.

A good week between games now so time to recover and get back to it.

Foden Kovacic Akanji Rodri all excellent.

Gvardiol will prob take a season to adapt.

Grealish needs to do more in an attacking sense.
Eh? I thought Gvardiol had a great game, especially in the second half. For a player that's only just joined the club AND English football he was very calm and composed.

Gvardiol is going to be the best Cb in the world. Has everything , with Pep and Dias there to help him improve his potential is limitless. It’s why I was so excited that we were linked to him and signed him

Plus we haven’t see that Kev type passing range that he has yet.
When you see what Pep did with Stones, the potential to turn Gvardiol into an absolutely unique hybrid defender/midfielder is huge.
Something to look forward to.

I can never understand comments like this. We're the ones everybody has to outscore in terms of collecting points. Where we are when we get to Arsenal doesn't mean a thing, it's where we are after match 38.
Sheff United, Fulham, west ham, Forrest wolves arsenal. You don't think the best team in Europe, perennial slow starters and injury hit squad with big players leaving being undefeated into October wouldn't put the pretenders on the back foot already?

Mate, I was seriously shitting myself about this match, & seeing the bench turned my shit to diarrhea!

I honestly didn't expect this exemplary professional performance, considering the team were rinsed on Wednesday.

I can't express how pleased I am with what I saw tonight. Newcastle tore Villa a second arsehole last week, & we basically controlled them like a puppet master.

Considering we're far from our best, & struggling for squad numbers, our opposition must be cacking their y-fronts!

Hopefully our injury situation will ease very soon, & we can seal deals for Paqueta & Doku to release some of the impending squad pressure when the CL, Carabao Cup & international breaks kick in.
To be fair though Villa were garbage last week. I think anybody would have put 5 past them.

Foden superb. Impressed with Kovacic as I’ve doubted that he suits us. Feel for Phillips, Rodri was clearly knackered the last 30 minutes and yet Pep still won’t take him off and give Kal a chance. Not good.
Pep operates a meritocracy so KP getting what he deserves. I cannot understand how the same scouting team who bought Kovacic also sanctioned a move for KP. Surely there were better options available?

That bench and the fact pep didn’t even consider using it is the clearest sign. Get the signings done and add to this squad. Brilliant performance/result tonight

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.