Newcastle Vs City Post match Discussion Thread

Re: Alan Shearer

We had one at work and i was just about to bale him when someone asked if they could have it and take it to the match. Obviously i said yes.

There has not been enough stress on....

How well we played yesterday. For me, given what was at stake, it was our best performance of the season. We pressed very well and gave them very little time on the ball and didn't really work joe hart thanks to some truly heroic blocks. In attack we linked very well together with the fullbacks getting forward at every opportunity and it was nice to see silva back to his best. All the talk has been about how well yaya played and how amazing the substitution which freed him up was but I think a goal was coming anyway based on the way we were playing. I'm taking nothing away from yaya who was fantastic but there were other outstanding performances from silva, barry, kompany, lescott and clichy aswell who haven't been given enough credit for the performance. And what topped it off were the scenes when we scored with all the players going into a huddle. It was a massive game in one of the hardest fixtures of the season and we well and truly dominated and proved what a great team we are, given the kind of pressure the players must have been under.

Re: There has not been enough stress on....

AdamManCity said:
How well we played yesterday. For me, given what was at stake, it was our best performance of the season. We pressed very well and gave them very little time on the ball and didn't really work joe hart thanks to some truly heroic blocks. In attack we linked very well together with the fullbacks getting forward at every opportunity and it was nice to see silva back to his best. All the talk has been about how well yaya played and how amazing the substitution which freed him up was but I think a goal was coming anyway based on the way we were playing. I'm taking nothing away from yaya who was fantastic but there were other outstanding performances from silva, barry, kompany, lescott and clichy aswell who haven't been given enough credit for the performance. And what topped it off were the scenes when we scored with all the players going into a huddle. It was a massive game in one of the hardest fixtures of the season and we well and truly dominated and proved what a great team we are, given the kind of pressure the players must have been under.

Spot on mate,Great sum up.

The team were outstanding and if they play like that next Sunday then we'll do it but I'm still nervous.
Am I right in saying that the Necastle fans at the away end gave our players a super reception at the end of the game? Haven't heard it mentioned or seen it replayed. Alan Pardew was also decent in the interview saying we deserve to winit as we were the best team :-)

I also think our away fans deserve huge credit over the last few weeks, they were awesome. Take a bow.

Best performance of the season.

yeahh great sum up that mate no sign of nerves from the players or anything

AdamManCity said:

Great summary although the huddle was obviously complete play acting for the benefit of the cameras cos everyone knows they are a team full of mercenarys
only here for the dough and playing for themselves!! Fucking good actors though!

I wouldnt go so far as the best performance of the season as a certain 6.1 comes to mind! But it was high quality and a truly professional performance when considering the standard of the opposition and the importance of the game for both sides.

Keeping their front 3 as quiet as we did was a superb effort and once we scored and Newcastle were forced to score it could have been 4 or 5.

When most people were fretting about the match during the week before-hand, I read something (can't remember if it was on here or Twitter, etc) along the lines of "sometimes champions play like champions"... had to admit I didn't expect it, but then I've been programmed for doom over the years like many others.

Yesterday they played like champions.

I don't want that to be tempting fate or anything, but quite simply we put on a professional performance & did what was needed, stepped it up when required and tightened up at the back - I was immensely proud of them all, but it is still only a step closer.

SOON!!

Great Post, a timely reminder of what the boys have in their locker! after Monday when some fans (inc me) around could be losing their heads the players kept their discipline again and got the result.

PS how good and loud were the City fans. Well done to all.

CTID

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.