Newcastle Vs City Post Match Thread

Good to see us battling to a great win today.

Pardew should be slammed in the press. They were absolute filfth all game culminating in what could be a pretty serous injury to nasri. Set up to kick us off the park, vile bastards. Credit to our lads, showed some real fight today.

taconinja said:
OB1 said:
SamTheGuru said:
Kompany reminded me of Gandalf today........." YOU SHALL NOT PASS!! "

He and MDm were immense today, with Vinnie just shading MotM.
I think I might give it to Kolarov today, but all three plus Hart were great.

Not much to choose between any of them - a day when our defence was key.

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Kolarov was the best man on the pitch by a country mile today.

Great delivery, consistently gets his body across the defender and that block at the end was wonderful to see.

What a progression he had made.

Indeed, he was my MoTM. The tackle he made towards the end summed it up. Miles better than Clichy and which left back is better in the PL right now?

Was no controversy as far as I was concerned with their disallowed goal. They had 3 players stood in offside positions and the main one (think it was Goufran) actually had to move out of the way of the flight of the ball. If you have to do that then how can you argue you are 'not interfering' with play. Quite clearly, if you are in the way of the flight of the ball and it is going to hit you, you are offside. Hart is probably anticipating the deflection therefore the Newcastle player affects his decision making therefore he is offside.

As for their tackling and challenges in the second half, well, words fail me, the Nasri challenge in particular was disgusting a sending off every time.

Great result from the lads but the Nasri injury has really put a dampened on the result.

eyejay51 said:
Pardew and Yanga-Mbiwa

Adding insult to injury.

Twunts.

Apparently Pardew called Pellers " a f*cking old c*nt" and then said
""Pellegrini said something to me on the touchline which I wasn't happy with, it was normal banter where I probably used words I shouldn't have in the heat of the moment and I apologise for that."

Great result.

Never been so frustrated after a victory like this before but I really hope it's not as bad as it looked for Nasri. Wonder what this does for our transfer plans.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.