Newcastle Vs City Post Match Thread

tolmie's hairdoo said:
Kolarov was the best man on the pitch by a country mile today.

Great delivery, consistently gets his body across the defender and that block at the end was wonderful to see.

What a progression he had made.

I am amazed that he is now my first choice for LB.

He definitely made the challenge of the game.

I must admit, when they were getting more of the ball, that we were going to buckle, as for the off-side goal, I've seen them given, and for us too, we got away with that, but the ref lost control after that, which set the agenda, resulting in Nasri getting hacked down, Cabaye should've been off, and Yanga-Mbiwa sent off too.
The ref is supposed to look after the welfare of the players, he should've spoke to Pardew initially for his reactions to every decision, and warned him to tone it down, and his players too, but it never happened.
Great result, clean sheet, and possibly a season defining game.

Wiekens said:
Good to see us battling to a great win today.

Pardew should be slammed in the press. They were absolute filfth all game culminating in what could be a pretty serous injury to nasri. Set up to kick us off the park, vile bastards. Credit to our lads, showed some real fight today.

British manager against dirty rich foreigner. He won't be.

we were very lucky on their 'goal'. Only reason I could give was that Gouffran was 'active'..?!

Cabaye should have got a 2nd Yellow for going through Zabba on the touchline and Yanga-Mbiwa should have got a straight red for assaulting Nasri.

Overall .... important away win, we weren't great. Anita and Tiote bossed the game to Newcastle's credit and nullified Yaya and Ferdie. Tough place to go and win, well done lads!

PS. Fingers crossed Nasri aint for the season, both his knees looked like they took damage, one from the kick and the other on the awkward landing.

Pleased we got the 3pts today, we weren't at our best today but this was a match where we stood tall, I thought we did well in defence and was misfiring a bit in midfield especially after they had their goal disallowed, but Newcastle got away with murder, how they still ended with 11 players at the end the match is down to the ref just bottling it, anyhow good result, I hope Nasri will be ok.............well done guys............

do we have to wait for the end of the liverpool game to see the interviews after the game?

Didn't Tevez have to move out of he was of Milners' shot V Utd last season? Yet that stood.

I feel N'castle could argue they were hard done by with the 'goal' but that by no means excuses their 'tactics' for the second half. They were absolutely disgraceful and they should be ashamed of themselves

The ref was a spineless, incompetent tosser and, not for the first time, appears out of his depth in the premier league.

None of which excuses the behaviour of the Newcastle manager and his players. They, not the ref, should take full responsibility for their actions. I hope they are called to account for it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.