Newcastle Vs City Post Match Thread

gmckennasell said:
stony said:
samharris said:
Surely if a player is in an offside position and he moves out of the way of the ball(which would have hit him) this must be interfering with play..if hed not moved then the ball would have hit him and not gone in and he would have then been flagged for offside..

Right decision imo.

If he doesn't move, the ball hits him and doesn't go in. Surely he became active as soon as he dodged out of the way ?

its similiar to throwing a dummy , he feigned to go for the ball then got out of the way , its interfering with play

Didn't all of Newcastle do this today?

The ref obviously succumbed to the pressure of the home fans today, there's no way they would have finished that game with a full team otherwise. The disallowed goal really set the tone for the remainder of the game.

Still, a good hard-fought win, and great to see some of the often criticised players stepping up to the mark today.

Battling performance. Ref stuffed it up in the 1st half with their goal and spent the rest of the match stuffing it up in their favour. Nasri tackle should have been a red and the ref's incompetence and lack of control led to Nasri's injury.

We do need to start getting a control of the midfield and thus the game in these situations otherwise it leads to back to the wall defending - which we did very well - but controlling the midfield will ease the pressure and help set up more measured attacks of our own.

Injuries aside a good result. Want to see us control these sort of games much better though.

gmckennasell said:
stony said:
samharris said:
Surely if a player is in an offside position and he moves out of the way of the ball(which would have hit him) this must be interfering with play..if hed not moved then the ball would have hit him and not gone in and he would have then been flagged for offside..

Right decision imo.

If he doesn't move, the ball hits him and doesn't go in. Surely he became active as soon as he dodged out of the way ?

its similiar to throwing a dummy , he feigned to go for the ball then got out of the way , its interfering with play

No, it isn't. It would have been if he had deceived Hart in some way, but he didn't. A perfectly good goal, but like Samharris says "fuck 'em!"

stony said:
samharris said:

Right decision imo.

You feel the same as me then fella..

My first reaction to their 'goal' was to shout "offside", and so it was as he was a distraction to Joe. No idea why the thick geordies continued to boo Joe though, unless it was just because he put his arm in the air to claim offside?

Saying that, I wouldn't be happy if we scored that goal and it was disallowed!

samharris said:

Right decision imo.

I completely agree.

It's karma! Remember Danny Tiattos "goal" v boro which was ruled out for an offside against Huckerby?

He didn't even get near to the shot, but it was still chalked off!

Hung in like champions today, good work blues

St Ives blue said:
My first reaction to their 'goal' was to shout "offside", and so it was as he was a distraction to Joe. No idea why the thick geordies continued to boo Joe though, unless it was just because he put his arm in the air to claim offside?

Saying that, I wouldn't be happy if we scored that goal and it was disallowed!

Think they just booed everything. Reminded me of Billy Connolly's comment that when people get so angry, so frustrated, all they can scream is f###in boooo!

ZabbaStuntDouble said:
80s Shorts said:

That's Samir out for the rest of the season then. Dirty twats.[/quote

No, if medial ligament only with no damage to the ACL then between 2 to 8 weeks generally.

I pray that that is the extent so he can be in the world cup squad.

Wouldn't be suprised if both knees werent damaged, he fell awkwardly on the other that could have damaged tendons and ligaments (hoping there's no movement of the kneecap) ... i'm expecting him to be out for 2-3 months.

8 to 12 weeks then.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.