Newcastle Vs City post match thread

Dzeko & Hyde said:
Dzeko was great today.

He has continued to improve under MP. He used to be one dimensional. Now he gets involved in some great link up play. I'd read that he used to be a distributor before he sprouted, and was moved to striker. I can see it. Combine those qualities with his improved ability to hold up for the team, and his contribution defensively on set pieces, and he really continues to become a complete footballer.
You read right, he was a midfielder at Sarajevo and Teplice.

Them stairs fucked me up this time round,don't remember much about the game,just gasping for breath.

thi,s is our time,a group of top players gathered from all over the world,but now a TEAM in every sence of the word,enjoy fellow blues ,the greatest city team ever,

Special mention for the City fans who were there.

_HyX33lL_400x400.png

Ducado said:
A little rusty but all in all a decent 3 points
Wouldn't disagree with that .
But I thought we were better today than January .
At least we didn't have to rely on a linesman or referee today .
Nearly had an heart attack when that Newcastle player broke through and nearly scored . At the end .
At least we won are 1st away game quicker this season .

Vienna_70 said:
BL2blue said:
I thought it was a very good performance by us and a great result. I reckon this season we will improve our defensive record from last season.

Best players for me were Clichy, Kolarov, Dzeko & Kompany. I was a bit disappointed with Jovetic, gave the ball away a few times and also shooting when others were better placed. Probably just trying to impress too much, especially as Sergio looks almost fully fit. If that man can stay fit for the whole season, anything is possible !

Considering the lack of match fitness of many of our players, I too thought it was a very good, professional performance. Newcastle were 'up for it', gave it a real go and harried and pressed our players throughout the match.

Both goals were class. The little backheel from Edin was superb and Merlin took his chance very well. It's nice to see Silva being a bit more clinical in front of goal, and although there's never a bad time to score, it came at a very good time for us, especially as the Toon were threatening themselves at the time.

I said to the Better Half that there are very few players who could have done what Sergio did today; he was back on his feet so quickly and put the ball away with his right after having used his left foot for the initial shot.

I thought Fernando looked very good and he seemingly adapted to the speed of the game very well. I can see all three of Fernando, Fernandinho and YaYa all starting against the mourners. YaYa was very quiet in the first half, but came much more into the game after half-time.

VK and MD were their usual imperious selves at the the back. Mangala will have to be very good to displace either of them, which is very good news.

Stevan looked sharp, though his passing could have been better. If he can stay fit, he will improve and that too can only be a good thing. Edin was great. He was all over the pitch and really looked as if he was out to impress. His MotM award was fully deserved, IMHO.

All-in-all, a good day and we will only improve as the players get more match fitness under their belts. Enjoy the ride, Blues.

Either of them?

ped said:
thi,s is our time,a group of top players gathered from all over the world,but now a TEAM in every sence of the word,enjoy fellow blues ,the greatest city team ever,
We Are Very Lucky. It Can only get Better.

good, solid, professional performance against a disciplined, hard-working Newcastle side.

Dzeko was excellent, and I was very impressed that his link-up work and holding the ball is continuing to improve and if he keeps it up then it will be fantastic for us. He was the standout in what was a performance to be expected, there was some lovely football up to the edge of their area, but the rustiness and lack of match practice was telling for a few and therefore we just needed to get the job done, and we did. The first goal was sensational and it was really nice to see Kun be so sharp in front of goal, that really was a positive boost.

Newcastle worked hard, limited our chances and created a few of their own, but they've been together a lot longer and been able to gel and prepare for this game properly, so for us to win was excellent and it was largely a solid performance. One or two iffy moments but they happen early on and importantly we recovered to prevent a goal conceded. Have to remember that Vinnie and Demi haven't played together since May, not that I'm blaming either for anything, just pointing out how little a pre-season we've had.

So all in all a thoroughly professional performance and there were many signs there of just how much potential there is in this team that will come if we keep them fit and they settle into their stride. I'm looking forward to Liverpool now, we look strong.

Thought Jack Colback recovered well from the disappointment of not being bake to set up a 4 on 4 with West Ham to put in a good shift in Newcastles midfield

JoeMercer'sWay said:
good, solid, professional performance against a disciplined, hard-working Newcastle side.

Dzeko was excellent, and I was very impressed that his link-up work and holding the ball is continuing to improve and if he keeps it up then it will be fantastic for us. He was the standout in what was a performance to be expected, there was some lovely football up to the edge of their area, but the rustiness and lack of match practice was telling for a few and therefore we just needed to get the job done, and we did. The first goal was sensational and it was really nice to see Kun be so sharp in front of goal, that really was a positive boost.

Newcastle worked hard, limited our chances and created a few of their own, but they've been together a lot longer and been able to gel and prepare for this game properly, so for us to win was excellent and it was largely a solid performance. One or two iffy moments but they happen early on and importantly we recovered to prevent a goal conceded. Have to remember that Vinnie and Demi haven't played together since May, not that I'm blaming either for anything, just pointing out how little a pre-season we've had.

So all in all a thoroughly professional performance and there were many signs there of just how much potential there is in this team that will come if we keep them fit and they settle into their stride. I'm looking forward to Liverpool now, we look strong.

Good summary JM. Just would like to add how brilliant Merlin was today. His work rate to close players down was incredible and the finish to that "fantasy move" was very special. A world class player is there ever was one.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.