Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
In terms of managing ego's or attitude, that's a load of shite that people spout. Ten Haag had no experience of that with his Ajax team but he landed at the rags and froze out their club icon. You think Kompany who has played with numerous world class players will allow individuals to ruin what he's trying to do? Not a fucking chance. They'll be straight out of there. He was a leader as a player, he's not going to let anyone fuck about when he's manager.

The club will make sure we've got a squad that can compete and will bring in someone they feel is up to the challenge of managing the side. They'll give them time and they'll back them financially.

We don't yet know where the club will turn. Luis Enrique replaced Pep at Barcelona on the back of a good stint as Barca B manager but a poor season with Roma and a decent season with Celta Vigo. He was hardly a standout candidate but came in and won the treble because the squad was still so good. When you look at the young players we have, a few more signings and we'll be able to bring someone in to manager players who Pep has developed for 2-3 years and will adapt quite easily. It's a much easier job then.
Ronaldo did a good enough job himself to get booted out of the rags. Ten Hag just happened to be the manager.

I think that we have seen on countless occasions, shouting and screaming in a dressing room doesn't always work. So this notion that Kompany can just come in with his bodyguard Craig Bellamy and just scream and shout our way to victory is ridiculous.
Some of the best to ever play the game would be considered "leaders" and their management careers have resulted in nothing but relegations and disappointment.

Not a single thought from me that the club won't ensure the squad is up to speed. We will have no repeat of the rags under GPC and Pep leaving behind a pile of mess for the next manager to clean up.

I don't remember watching much of Enrique at Roma or Celta Vigo but you can still prove your credentials without necessarily getting the success. The likes of Bielsa and Juanma Lillo have proven this.

I'll be interested of course to see how Vinny does next season assuming the trend continues and Burnley are promoted. I don't want to see the same thing happen that did at ManUre with Ole and Chelsea with Frank- appointments more influenceed by their history with the club than their CV and actual managerial cred.
Vinny at least looks like he is going to get a team promoted playing good football, something neither Ole nor Frank managed. My Derby supporting mate always said that Lampard should have got that Derby side comfortably in the automatic spots and underachieved, but I don't follow them closely enough to know whether that's fair or not.

The only way is down after Pep, so I would rather go with Vinny and fail, than some opportunist who doesn't give a shit.

As the suits have stated before, the Club is set up for success regardless of who the manager is, just like at Madrid.

As long as the manager identifies with the City style or play, the rest will take care of itself.

Zidane won how many Champs League at Madrid?

An above average manager with the players to shine, just as Ancelotti was night and day between Everton and Madrid.

Buy the players and I'm certain Vinny could be the right man at the right time in a couple of years time.

You only have to listen to his punditry.

The only way is down after Pep, so I would rather go with Vinny and fail, than some opportunist who doesn't give a shit.

As the suits have stated before, the Club is set up for success regardless of who the manager is, just like at Madrid.

As long as the manager identifies with the City style or play, the rest will take care of itself.

Zidane won how many Champs League at Madrid?

An above average manager with the players to shine, just as Ancelotti was night and day between Everton and Madrid.

Buy the players and I'm certain Vinny could be the right man at the right time in a couple of years time.

You only have to listen to his punditry.

Realistically VK is 5 years away from being an option.

The club just isn't going to appoint someone with zero managerial experience in a top division, in the CL or winning trophies, and it would be mismanagement if they did, no matter who it is.

Best case scenario he wins the Championship, then has a really good season with Burnley in the Premier League - something like Rodgers' season with Swansea that got him the Liverpool job (IIRC they finished 12th).

Then he'd have to move to a club playing CL football and contending for titles for a couple of seasons and have 2 excellent seasons with at least 1 piece of respectbale silverware at the end of it.

You can't compare it with Zidane who was the assistant at Real for 3/4 seasons before getting the job.

Last edited:
Realistically VK is 5 years away from being an option.

Best case scenario he wins the Championship, then has a really good season with Burnley in the Premier League - soemthing like Rodgers seasonw ith Swansea that got him the Liverpool job.

Then hed have to move to a club playing CL football and contending for titles for a couple of seasons and have 2 excellent seasons with at least 1 piece of respectbale silverware at the end of it.

I'm of the opinion getting Burnley up as Champions and keeping them in the top half of the Premier League for the next couple of years would give him a good shot.

Burnley are skint and lost so many senior players, but he's somehow getting a new tune out of them.

Whoever we next go for will be a risk, as Chelsea are showing again.

However, Chelsea have also shown they win trophies whoever the manager tends to be, mainly due to the quality of the playing personnel?

I don't really see anybody out there at the moment we should be worried about missing out on, the City job will be the most coveted in the world when it comes up.

The relationship to Txiki will be huge, which is why I suspect it will be someone familiar with his workings, be it someone like Vinny or even Enrique.

Perhaps Vinny would be up for being Enrique's assistant for a few years and then we would be covered again for the next decade!

I'm of the opinion getting Burnley up as Champions and keeping them in the top half of the Premier League for the next couple of years would give him a good shot.

Burnley are skint and lost so many senior players, but he's somehow getting a new tune out of them.

Whoever we next go for will be a risk, as Chelsea are showing again.

However, Chelsea have also shown they win trophies whoever the manager tends to be, mainly due to the quality of the playing personnel?

I don't really see anybody out there at the moment we should be worried about missing out on, the City job will be the most coveted in the world when it comes up.

The relationship to Txiki will be huge, which is why I suspect it will be someone familiar with his workings, be it someone like Vinny or even Enrique.

Perhaps Vinny would be up for being Enrique's assistant for a few years and then we would be covered again for the next decade!

There's just very little reason to gamble and pick Kompany over someone as proven as Enrique in 2025 when you can just wait a bit for him to really prove he's good enough and get experience and then come back to him.

If they entertain any dreams of Vinny being a really long term manager because of his links to the club and area then there's so much more to gain by him arriving at 45 with CL experience and trophies under his belt rather than 40 fresh out of Burnley.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.