Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can genuinely see Pep doing another 5 years if the club back him with the next generation of world star like Wirtz etc.
I think the decisions around that won't be based on city and football.
His wife lives in Spain. Do they want to spend more years apart? Maybe they like it that way but we have no idea.
Then there is the weather of course.
And does he enjoy living in an apartment or would he prefer to be in a mansion in the Spanish countryside?

The guy toiled in small time leagues for years. I think there is probably a reason why he there. Elite coaches tend to ascend to top jobs before the age of 58. Maybe he is a late bloomer, but he has not had the career trajectory of an elite manager.
Yet he is currently top of the league.

Pellegrini took over at RM at 56yo then won the P in 2014 at the age of 59, then a LC at 60yo.

So I'd say you're chatting shit tbh.

Yet he is currently top of the league.

Pellegrini took over at RM at 56yo then won the P in 2014 at the age of 59, then a LC at 60yo.

So I'd say you're chatting shit tbh.
I didn’t realize trophies are given out for being at the Top of the league in November. I thank you for teaching me something new.

We will see where he is moving forward. Ten Hag went from winning a trophy to close to being fired in a span of a year and a half. Ange has a lot to prove.

I didn’t realize trophies are given out for being at the Top of the league in November. I thank you for teaching me something new.

We will see where he is moving forward. Ten Hag went from winning a trophy to close to being fired in a span of a year and a half. Ange has a lot to prove.
They aren't, though I also never suggested they did, it was in reply to your elite coaches don't get to 58 without getting to the top

I notice you don't bother with the perfect example I gave you, probably says it all really.

Bringing in the rags as an example lol

Fuck off, George.

They aren't, though I also never suggested they did, it was in reply to your elite coaches don't get to 58 without getting to the top

I notice you don't bother with the perfect example I gave you, probably says it all really.

Bringing in the rags as an example lol

Fuck off, George.
I don’t consider Pellegrini to be an elite coach, so I don’t think you refuted my argument. I was talking about the career trajectory of “elite” coaches like Pep and Ancelotti.

We could debate what constitutes an elite coach, but I’m not interested in personality conflict.

I don’t consider Pellegrini to be an elite coach, so I don’t think you refuted my argument. I was talking about the career trajectory of “elite” coaches like Pep and Ancelotti.

We could debate what constitutes an elite coach, but I’m not interested in personality conflict.
You didn't debate my original reply in the slightest or the one below but there you go.

The reason he was there is that he's an Aussie who came from Australia, a football backwater, and was subjected to a totally different playing field than others who came through Europe/South America either as a player or manager. His ability has nothing to do with it.

Discuss away.

The guy toiled in small time leagues for years. I think there is probably a reason why he there. Elite coaches tend to ascend to top jobs before the age of 58. Maybe he is a late bloomer, but he has not had the career trajectory of an elite manager.
Disagree. More about being from Australia rather than Europe and access to opportunities. Look into his resume. He has been successful everywhere. Also look at the so called top tier managers who he has followed at Tottenham who all failed. Ange has been elite for years. He may just have come on your radar though.

Not sure Spurs will stay where they are but everyone expected them to drop from where they were last year.He had turned that club culture around in 5 minutes without Kane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.