Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree. More about being from Australia rather than Europe and access to opportunities. Look into his resume. He has been successful everywhere. Also look at the so called top tier managers who he has followed at Tottenham who all failed. Ange has been elite for years. He may just have come on your radar though.

Not sure Spurs will stay where they are but everyone expected them to drop from where they were last year.He had turned that club culture around in 5 minutes without Kane.
The argument being advanced that his career trajectory is different from the typical elite manager because he came from Australia I think is fair. I do think people could be right that he got overlooked because of it.

The argument that he has won everywhere he has been doesn’t make a lot of sense in my view.
Lots of guys can win in small time leagues and when they get the call up to the Premier League they face plant. Ten Hag is just the latest example. Ange has to demonstrate is different from those guys by putting together multiple top four seasons and ideally winning a minor trophy. In essence stringing together some success. If he could accomplish something like that he might be City material.

Last edited:
Ange is older than Pep. He will probably be out of coaching before Pep hangs it up.

Kinda amazing a guy puts together 3 good months at Tottenham and now some view him as a Pep successor

Flavor of the moment
Spot on.

Was anyone suggesting Stevie G when he had a half decent start at Villa after success in Glasgow ?

In all seriousness, I'd still want Luis Enriqué. He's shown he can take the basis of a Pep team and keep the same levels going and win European trophies. Losing Neymar fucked him but I liked the way he had Spain playing even if they didn't make the final stages of tournaments under him.

As long as the players keep performing for pep he will stay imo. He isn’t daft he will know this is the best job he could ever possibly have. The board love him, the fans adore him and the players idolise him.

He's going nowhere, why would he?

And the thing that he will love is the competition is mounting, Newcastle, Dippers and The Arse chasing hard, a competitive man like Pep will relish that.

I still rate Potter very much personally. With the right structure behind him (which he didn’t get at Chelsea) he can go very far
Sadly I thought he looked totally out of his depth which did surprise me, hardly the idea time to take over but he still looked overawed by the whole situation.

He's going nowhere, why would he?

And the thing that he will love is the competition is mounting, Newcastle, Dippers and The Arse chasing hard, a competitive man like Pep will relish that.
Yeah, he's arguably the best ever, but like DeBruyne,Haaland,Aguero,Silvas,Kompany,Toure,Rodri,Fernandhino,Stones etc etc made a shocking career move in
choosing a 'small" club to join, he and they must gave massive regrets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.