Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hoping Vincent Kompany is ready and willing to take over in 2 years time.
Not a chance. He's got way too much to learn to be even considered for a top level post at any PL club within the next 5 years, and I don't think any established coach would have him as their assistant at City.

The weight of expectation alone would finish him off.

Lampard, Arteta, and Vieira's names will all be touted around... They won't get a job here either.

We're a heavyweight club, we need a heavyweight coach (but not Fat Sam).

Not a chance. He's got way too much to learn to be even considered for a top level post at any PL club within the next 5 years, and I don't think any established coach would have him as their assistant at City.

The weight of expectation alone would finish him off.

Lampard, Arteta, and Vieira's names will all be touted around... They won't get a job here either.

We're a heavyweight club, we need a heavyweight coach (but not Fat Sam).
Not Big Fat Sam? Gotta be Big Fat Sean then!

Out with what? As far as I can see all he said is what everyone already knew. Most likely this extension is his last ,was fairly common knowledge.
There are quite a few on here who have convinced themselves that Pep would sign another extension and stay long after 2023.

They'll probably deny that now, saying that Pep is doing the right thing... sycophants.

I'm going to stand by what I always say about any employee in any job... If you don't want to stay, then just go. No-one has the same level of enthusiasm for a job when they've said they're leaving, even if they are being paid £1m+ every month.

This is Pep handing in his notice 12/18 months too soon imo. He'll say his heart is in it, but the players and coaches will know that his head will be elsewhere, whether it be a beach or a top international job. The only thing that will keep him going will be his quest for the CL, and I wouldn't be surprised if the club let him go early if we win it this year (which we won't, without a top class striker)

I'm disappointed in him but not the least bit surprised. He owes City fans nothing, but he owes the club two years at peak level of enthusiasm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.