Next Rail Strikes Announced.

My daughters work event now cancelled so that’s fucked off a hospitality place that was hosting it, plenty of hotel rooms cancelled etc, I suspect there are plenty of other places such as bars, restaurants etc that suffer every time there is a strike. Both sides, just sit down round a fucking table and sort it instead of pissing everyone off. Is it true starting salaries are £30k and can reach £65k+
Totally agree, it's unbelievable that this is still going on.
Shame on them.

My daughter’s work event now cancelled so that’s fucked off a hospitality place that was hosting it, plenty of hotel rooms cancelled etc, I suspect there are plenty of other places such as bars, restaurants etc that suffer every time there is a strike. Both sides, just sit down round a fucking table and sort it instead of pissing everyone off. Is it true starting salaries are £30k and can reach £65k+
The average wage on the railway is about 30k.A driver can earn the money you mention after approx 3 years intensive training.

They are on fantastic wages anyway and they should not be killing people's livlihoods of those using their services to get to work, or run their business.

Also, it's so evil and sly striking on days big events are on that are good for economies. I bet it will happen in Manchester next year when the Foo Fighters play.
£23,000 a year a "fantastic wage"?

My daughter’s work event now cancelled so that’s fucked off a hospitality place that was hosting it, plenty of hotel rooms cancelled etc, I suspect there are plenty of other places such as bars, restaurants etc that suffer every time there is a strike. Both sides, just sit down round a fucking table and sort it instead of pissing everyone off. Is it true starting salaries are £30k and can reach £65k+
Is it true that somebody driving train earns less than an MP and can’t employ any family members at the tax payers expense?

Most railway workers work shit hours than many wouldn't touch with a bargepole.
Early shifts can commence around 3am. Late shifts can finish about the same time.
They deal with suicides, aggressive drunks, drug addicts, sneery smartarses, fights among passengers, puke, piss, shit, stinking food remains, bratty kids on trains and platforms, complaints about smoking, vaping, feet on seats, disputes over ticket irregularities, short notice cancellations and fuck knows how many more daily situations.
I've been punched, kicked, elbowed in the mouth, gobbed on and threatened with a gun.
I work most Sundays for little extra pay just to cover the bills. If the twatty government get their way Sunday will be in the working week and will just be paid as straight time which translates as another pay cut.
They worked right through COVID with little Recognition so that the NHS and other essential workers could attend their workplace. Some Managers hot a nice bonus for that, front liners got jack shit and are now demonised as overpaid killjoys by people who wouldn't last 2 minutes in the job.

Thank fuck I'll be retiring in the next few years and be out of it.

Hereford to Chester - Cancelled
Birmingham to Liverpool - Cancelled
Liverpool to Preston - Strike next Saturday

Three days out ruined by an abysmal service. I’ve seen Scousers work harder than some of the strikers these days.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.