Neymar

If they were withdrawing funds, they wouldn’t have given him half a billion pound contract (or whatever the figures actually are)

They wouldn’t have been embarrassed as Mbappe has said he was a Madrid fan as a kid.
The money is irrelevant really. Qatar aren't going to pull out completely but they wont be making any big money from Ligue 1 anytime soon and in the next 18mths both Messi and Neymar will be gone, along with their huge star power. Be interesting to see what happens.

Mbappe was a Cristiano Ronaldo fan I reckon, he just happened to play at Real at the time Mbappe was watching him.

They haven't officially sacked him yet, but there seems to be this unspoken acknowledgement from everyone he's gone.

Athletic Bilbao are having a presidential election and one of the candidates has said he's going to bring Poch in.

France football media is certain Galtier is the new PSG manager - they're even buying players from his Lille title winning side in 2020.
Maybe Galtier told them he’s not havin neymar then.

He means that the money paid for him will be offset somewhat by the money he brings in. The Actual reason to sign him is because he's one of the best players in the world.
That’s not how it reads to me bud

Plus I really don’t think he’s all that. Technically he’s incredible but would he cut it in the Prem? Always had my doubts

The position on Neymar here is puzzling. And I think it has to come from the media branding he's received to the general mainstream audience. In terms of he's a diver, lazy, a mercenary, doesn't care much about the sport, only interested in doing skills, undisciplined.

In terms of being a diver, you have to look at it as being a complete necessity. He's simply the biggest target in world football. Players go into the match with specifically putting it on to Neymar. He's been fouled over 1000 times since 2016. Jack is tied third with Andrea Belotti on the list nearer 700. And he's playing in a very rough league. Something more akin to the Championship with players who are very happy to just chop you down. And his reputation doesn't play into his hands either, making it harder to receive fouls and gets very little protection from the referees. Just look at a compilation of some of the tackles made against him. It becomes pretty ridiculous. And remember this is somebody who has already had his back broken from the physical play against him.

He's not lazy either, in the last year he's had more pressures per 90 (16.49) than Sterling who we'd all say works hard off the ball. But he also beats Son, Salah, Mané, Mahrez, Ferran, Sané, Gnabry, Luis Diaz. If you want Neymar to run, he'll run.

He's a big game player, he shows up and never lets the moment overwhelm him. I thought he was the best player for PSG every time we played them, had a couple great games against us with Barcelona. Played brilliantly in both of his Champions League (particularly against Bayern), the Remontada, his 2014 world cup before his back break.

His stats line up with the best of the best across Europe. Not only does he carry virtually the same xGA of the top wingers in Europe (Sterling, Son, Nkunku, Mané, Sané) at 0.70 (overperforming it with a 0.80 g+a per game), showing he can create and get into positions at an elite level. He comfortably has higher passing and dribbling stats than his peers. With 6.44 progressive passes per 90, 10.32 progressive carries, 2.99 successful dribbles. With a shot creating action per 90 of 5.59 at the 99 percentile of players in the top 5 leagues. He's as complete a footballer you can be in his position. There should be no doubts here.

The only thing you could possibly look at is his 'antics' off the field. Such as his partying, his 'sister month' and his overall fitness. I mean you look at his games played per game and let's be real, it's pretty shocking. But if you can get a hold on it, it could be magic. That's the only real 'problem' with the signing for me.

The only thing you could possibly look at is his 'antics' off the field. Such as his partying, his 'sister month' and his overall fitness. I mean you look at his games played per game and let's be real, it's pretty shocking. But if you can get a hold on it, it could be magic. That's the only real 'problem' with the signing for me.
If there's a manager in world football that has the respect and determination to do it its Pep.

I don't think there's more than a 10% chance of this happening, but I would be made-up with that 10%.

Neymar is a fantastic footballer. The only condition would be that he is crystal-clear beforehand about the nature of the tracking-back and pressing required of a winger at City. But I doubt he would want to come here if he wasn't.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.