Neymar

Three days on and the fact that still nobody credible has reported on this whether here, in France or in Brazil should tell you it was a load of absolute bollocks
I’m inclined to think you are right… makes no sense on any level. Original poster @93.20blue is very credible but the story doesn’t add up But, I guess all things in life don’t !

Oh i dont fuckinknow, I said yes to PR70 because he is a goal machine (proved right) and didn't think he could destroy a team ethic on his own (proved wrong). Can we get Sane back instead please?

You do realise the full on Berts on here who hate united more than they love city, will simply dislike him due to who he supports. Don’t mind him much really, there’s a lot worse people in the media any hatred should be aimed at
I doubt he even really supports the rags anymore.

He annoyed me with the constant shit stirring if the Pep / Aguero pot, but seems like a nice enough bloke and writes good articles.

I’m inclined to think you are right… makes no sense on any level. Original poster @93.20blue is very credible but the story doesn’t add up But, I guess all things in life don’t !

It makes a tiny bit of sense of you're willing to make some jumps of logic.

9320 has never done this before. He's never been cloak and dagger about a transfer. This season however, very early on, I want to say like May or so, he point blank named Sterling out and Jesus to Arsenal but then said he's heard about someone big coming but his source was sworn to secrecy on it. As I say, this isnt his usual MO in how he talks about transfers.
People speculated for a day or two then moved on. Then he came on the other day, possibly intoxicated, and alluded to Neymar.
Now, Neymar has been a problem to PSG this year in that his contract was going to roll over on July 1 which gave him an extension and a hefty loyalty/signing on bonus. One which I'm sure PSG would rather did not exist.
Transfers usually takes months from start to finish at that level. I do wonder if City and Neymars camp were having exploratory talks a few months back with 9320s guy found out about, but the Neymar camp was adamant on a much higher level of secrecy than usual. Because potentially if PSG find out he's wanting to leave then they could quick flog him before his new bonuses kick in, or argue with him about not paying them as he's leaving.

Obviously I don't know if any of this is true but it makes sense as to why a guy who has never played these types of guessing games before on the forum, this one time was very clear in that the transfer was in discussion hut he could not talk about, until now in July when presumably bonuses are paid and the cat is now out of the bag.

Or maybe he got drunk and made up a name for some excitement and doesn't want to back peddle. I dunno.

I can't get my head around the Neymar links.

He's a quality player on his day, no doubt about it but he just doesn't fit what we usually go for. We like young, hungry players who can improve and Neymar is 30.

We also have Grealish who plays that position, Foden, Mahrez and Haaland in the front line who are going to play alot of games. Neymar would also want to play alot of games so I'm not sure how you'd fit them all in especially as he plays in the same position as Grealish.

I'm not saying it won't happen and if Pep wants him then who am I to argue, but I just can't see it at the moment.

Word got out that he's a United fan and everyone lost their shit. Personally I think hiring a United fan to cover City is the absolute best way to ensure they do a professional job. He knows that being overly critical isn't an option.
Like Jamie Jackson in the Guardian ;)

I know what you mean about Sam Lee - he's certainly writing from a pro-City stance, but comes across as much more objective than The Athletic writers for Liverpool, who clearly are fans.

He's also rowed back on the United fan bit. He may well be writing all his articles while sitting in his full red kit with Bruno on the back, but sounds more like a footballer who ended up playing for his team's rival - your everyday life is so tied up in the ups and downs of the new club that you lose the connection with the old.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.