Neymar

That's fair.

I don't "love him" myself, he's just another journalist. Not the most-reliable, but I enjoy his in-depth pieces and he's pretty approachable with fans, and he's part of the jigsaw that helps us piece together the behind-the-scenes stories at the club. The way people talk on here, though, you'd think he has a side-hobby of pissing on orphans at the weekend.
That‘s BM for you. I love his story about being chucked out of City’s after party at a club. Nedum got him in and he is as blue as they come so he can’t be that bad.

Last edited:
I think a lot of it is because he is a red but if he was a blue all you would get is an echo chamber. Love or hate him I find him interesting to listen to. The only time he wound me up was the days before the CAS decision.
Thats the thing about him - who are his his target market - City fans, rags/dippers/tarquins? He more than likely believes all the, state owned/FFP cheat bollocks, despite all the evidence that points to the opposite - so it appears he isn't facts based/truth deep down ( his programme with Delooney and co showed many things about his approach).

As for transfer rumours - please, .. nobody really knows anything for sure and transfers can go wrong. There are plenty of liars in the transfer system with player/agents and clubs, we don't need attention seekers too. Sam is just playing the game.

I did subscribe to the Athletic for a while, but was generally disappointed, so stopped, but his articles were ok and well thought, when he wasn't towing the line. I don't want journalists blowing smoke up me, I want to hear if we are generally doing anything wrong as a club, and we can protest that, that's why Samuel is worth listening to.

But Sam's just doing his job, as are the rest. Read him/believe him if you like - just don't get any tatoo's unless 93.20 says it's true ;-(

There has been no link at all, not even the reliable and well informed Brazil Journos apart from @93.20blue and here we are, having panel discussions.

I will be intrigued IF he does come, coz we know no player will come to the club without Pep's approval.

ESPN. Is so much better the Sky or The BBC

Not sure how this became the Sam Lee thread but I'm indifferent to him, his work is grand and have never found him to be pro or anti City I'm happy to read his stuff but I don't take it as gospel.

You going to take the bet?

I would be willing to bet decent money that Neymar's attitude, workrate and professionalism aren't nearly as bad as people make out, yes. Unfortunately I don't think PaddyPower give odds on that kind of thing.

If he signs we can revisit this post in a few years and I'll absolutely hold up my hands and admit if I was wrong. I'm in the camp that doubts he'll join us, though.

Not sure how this became the Sam Lee thread but I'm indifferent to him, his work is grand and have never found him to be pro or anti City I'm happy to read his stuff but I don't take it as gospel.

Word got out that he's a United fan and everyone lost their shit. Personally I think hiring a United fan to cover City is the absolute best way to ensure they do a professional job. He knows that being overly critical isn't an option.

There's a few writers and what have you in City social media who don't seem to get on with Sam. But Ahsan has spent a lot of time with him over the years and likes him, so that's good enough for me.

Wouldn’t have this guy at city and I cannot believe how anyone would tbh as he all about himself and his ego . If we would to implode the dressing room then neymar is the man .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.