Neymar

alky313 said:
A move to Germany would be poor marketing 101.
it would be the worst move he could make, he'd be better off staying at santos than moving there

alky313 said:

Best league for attendance, historic clubs, arguably the best side in Europe, arguably the most young world class players, a more stable economy than Spain and Pep.

Can see the German league dominating in two or three years. The way Italy then England then Spain did.

NQCitizen said:
alky313 said:

Best league for attendance, historic clubs, arguably the best side in Europe, arguably the most young world class players, a more stable economy than Spain and Pep.

Can see the German league dominating in two or three years. The way Italy then England then Spain did.

I totally agree. The Bundesliga is going to get the "best league in the world" tag soon.
Germany and France are going to be the centre of football very soon.

cordonbleu said:
NQCitizen said:
alky313 said:

I totally agree. The Bundesliga is going to get the "best league in the world" tag soon.

Agree about Germany but I can't see France dominating in the near future. There are some very good players coming from the French league but it is nowhere near as good as England,Spain and Germany.

NQCitizen said:
alky313 said:

This. How people can still talk down onto the Bundesliga is beyond me.

Syth said:
cordonbleu said:
NQCitizen said:

Agree about Germany but I can't see France dominating in the near future. There are some very good players coming from the French league but it is nowhere near as good as England,Spain and Germany.

Well obviously not in the next couple of years.
Arabs and Russians have begun to invest in the French League now.
In terms of quality and the level, they are much like the EPL, the Bundesliga and the La Liga, in that the teams on the bottom half of the table (10th~18th/20th) are very weak, the same with other main leagues in Europe in England, Spain and Germany.

Germany might be best footballing league tomorrow but they won't be marketable as Premier League and La Liga are in 100 years.

Bayern and Dortmund are only marketable teams there and they will never reach what United/Arsenal/Liverpool/Chelsea and now City with it's local rivalry with most popular world's club could. Then there're Spurs who are popular too, even Everton has that something..

Same with La Liga and the biggest and most popular football rivalry on the World. Even Italy has more clubs that are more marketable than leverkusens, stuttgarts, schalkes etc..

Current Bundesliga's 4th and 5th clubs are Eintracht Frankfurt and Freiburg. You really think anyone outside Germany gives a flying one about such clubs? Not even close - complete lack of that factor x that would trigger worldwide popularity. I don't know many people that would reserve saturday afternoon to watch - Freiburg vs frankfurt. I certainly wouldn't.

There are just clubs that doesn't have that something to kick football fans worldwide. Clubs like Leverkusen or Valencia who used to play CL finals never really gained any popularity globally while Napoli who barely had done anything except beating City and Chelsea did.

MSP said:
Germany might be best footballing league tomorrow but they won't be marketable as Premier League and La Liga are in 100 years.

Bayern and Dortmund are only marketable teams there and they will never reach what United/Arsenal/Liverpool/Chelsea and now City with it's local rivalry with most popular world's club could. Then there're Spurs who are popular too, even Everton has that something..

Same with La Liga and the biggest and most popular football rivalry on the World. Even Italy has more clubs that are more marketable than leverkusens, stuttgarts, schalkes etc..

Current Bundesliga's 4th and 5th clubs are Eintracht Frankfurt and Freiburg. You really think anyone outside Germany gives a flying one about such clubs? Not even close - complete lack of that factor x that would trigger worldwide popularity. I don't know many people that would reserve saturday afternoon to watch - Freiburg vs frankfurt. I certainly wouldn't.

There are just clubs that doesn't have that something to kick football fans worldwide. Clubs like Leverkusen or Valencia who used to play CL finals never really gained any popularity globally while Napoli who barely had done anything except beating City and Chelsea did.

Very Anglo centric views.
The EPL are more or less the same. There aren't many quality teams. It is hard to claim that even the top 5 play skilful, or beautiful football. I don't rate football played by the Rags highly, for example.
Many think that the Bundesliga will be the next best league in the world.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.