Neymar

And what is in his style of play that make La Liga more fitting to him than to Silva, Mata, Cazorla, Aguero etc?

You can spin it as much as you want, it's still same nonsense. Silva is as technical and lightweight as Neymar is. Just as Mata, Cazorla, Aguero etc are..

It's 30 years old cliche that doesn't make sense for some time now.. except at stoke away. But on each stoke there's one getafe.

-- Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:20 am --

cordonbleu said:
Akira said:
MSP said:
Yeah, I get scared any time I see tysoness of Silva and Mata specially. Mata looks like adult head on kid's body. Could partly agree about Aguero, he is small but not lightweight.

Cazorla is monster too :)

Small and lightweight for Premier League is utter bullshit, proved to be wrong and I hope Mancini is using it as deflection, otherwise he is talking utter bullshit too.
I think it isn't about Neymar's lightweight frame, but more in reference to his playing style.

Both, I think.
He disappears against physical teams.

Yeah, I'm sure you know the Brazilian league up and down and know who he appears or disappears against ,and who's physical or not there.

But I guess you watched him 3 times in Brazil friendlies so it must be that. Specially as he played vs England. Understand, there are few that heard about certain Zlatan Ibrahimovic on similar occasion too.

MSP said:
And what is in his style of play that make La Liga more fitting to him than to Silva, Mata, Cazorla, Aguero etc?

You can spin it as much as you want, it's still same nonsense. Silva is as technical and lightweight as Neymar is. Just as Mata, Cazorla, Aguero etc are..

It's 30 years old cliche that doesn't make sense for some time now.. except at stoke away. But on each stoke there's one getafe.

-- Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:20 am --

cordonbleu said:
Akira said:
I think it isn't about Neymar's lightweight frame, but more in reference to his playing style.

Both, I think.
He disappears against physical teams.

Yeah, I'm sure you know the Brazilian league up and down and know who he appears or disappears against ,and who's physical or not there.

But I guess you watched him 3 times in Brazil friendlies so it must be that. Specially as he played vs England. Understand, there are few that heard about certain Zlatan Ibrahimovic on similar occasion too.

Well MSP...here is a comment from our very own Yaya on the difference between La liga and our own premiership taken from an interview with one of the papers today :

'Yet Touré believes the quest to emulate Messi and co is hampered by the character of the Premier League. "In Spain the football is different. More quality, more technical. In England, it's everything – power, stronger, tackling, running. The tempo level is very high, higher than in Spain. You don't have the same time to control the ball and look for where is your friend. You have to be quick otherwise someone like Kyle Walker [the Tottenham Hotspur right-back] will take you in the back!"

And that is directly from a player who has played in both leagues - but then i bet you disagree with what Yaya says ? I expect you to email him directly to say that he was wrong with that statement

Yes, I disagree as long as he thinks players are fit to play one or another. I'm sure he doesn't though.

Of course football styles are different in different teams and leagues. But it doesn't mean player can't make it in one league because it's different than another.

There's no physical or style difference between likes of Mata and Silva with Neymar. If they made it at PL, Neymar can make it too.

I have my reserves about Neymar's mental qualities, some Brazilians don't cope well with moving to Europe but there's absolutely nothing in Premier League on-the-pitch stuff that could make him fail more than in La Liga. Proven stuff and old, boring cliche... we're not in 70s anymore when defenders could cut striker's leg on half without conceding a foul.

BlueMoonz1977 said:
I agree and would take Neymar in a heartbeat - however I feel he will go to Barca as La Liga is more technical than ours.

As the alternative, for a young player we could not only utilise to win trophies, but for marketing value as well look no further than Gerard Deulofeu from Barca's academy.

This is why I feel we could win both ways on this Neymar transfer. If Neymar signs for Barca - Deulofeu will imo want to move to get first team action, he has already stalled upon a new deal at barca where they consider him the brightest young talent at the club.

Txiki will also be aware of his contract which could work to our benefit. Having seen a few games of Deulofeu for the barca b team, he seems more suited for our league than Neymar.

I reckon Neymar is off to Barca. The La Liga is suited to him, but he could make it in the Prem too. If Deulofeu stalls signing his contract, I hope Txiki tries to get him, 10 million euros is nothing for a player of his quality/potential. Only problem is I can't see him fitting in the team right now (he would want a starting XI spot too).

woahmark said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:
I agree and would take Neymar in a heartbeat - however I feel he will go to Barca as La Liga is more technical than ours.

As the alternative, for a young player we could not only utilise to win trophies, but for marketing value as well look no further than Gerard Deulofeu from Barca's academy.

This is why I feel we could win both ways on this Neymar transfer. If Neymar signs for Barca - Deulofeu will imo want to move to get first team action, he has already stalled upon a new deal at barca where they consider him the brightest young talent at the club.

Txiki will also be aware of his contract which could work to our benefit. Having seen a few games of Deulofeu for the barca b team, he seems more suited for our league than Neymar.

I reckon Neymar is off to Barca. The La Liga is suited to him, but he could make it in the Prem too. If Deulofeu stalls signing his contract, I hope Txiki tries to get him, 10 million euros is nothing for a player of his quality/potential. Only problem is I can't see him fitting in the team right now (he would want a starting XI spot too).
He would take the Nasri/Milner spot

kun said:
woahmark said:
BlueMoonz1977 said:

He would take the Nasri/Milner spot

Fair enough but I still think he's not good enough or rather, he's not ready. But he is playing really well this season, so he could make the step up. Sometimes young players need to be thrown into the deep end, I reckon Deulo could be one of them. If he doesn't sign a new contract with Barca (ends in 2014) by the end of this season, he's going to leave. Hopefully Txiki buys him. £8m for him, would only cost £2m more than Sinclair and he's only on around £1.5k a week, so his wages would be quite cheap. Fairly versatile too.

If Neymar does go to Barca, it's going to be extremely difficult for Deulo to break into the side, as if it wasn't difficult already!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.