Neymar

So you've watched Brazil regularly and you still think Damiao has been the more impressive player recently despite him being dropped months ago? Makes sense.

Zab and Aguero weren't even in the Argentina squad for 2 of those 3 games, so that's bollocks.

The Colombia game he was the best player on the park by a distance and scored a wonder goal to top it off.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zpp_C4w7pDA[/youtube]

If you had actually watched the Italy game you'd have seen how good his performance was, he tore them apart single-handedly. It was a performance which brought these quotes from opposing players/manager:

Cesare Prandelli: "Neymar likes to score but he has many other qualities. You can't just consider him a scorer, he is more."

De Sciglio: "Neymar? He was almost unstoppable. Marking him when he runs was impossible. He gave me a lot of trouble."

Montolivo: "Neymar is a very fast player with great dribbling skills. He really impressed me yesterday."

Montolivo: "Neymar has the potential to become a great player. I don't know if he will be as good as Messi, it's too early to judge."

Barzagli: "Neymar is a phenomenon and only lacks European experience to be the best."

Even in the Chile game you say you watched, he scored again!

So forgive me for being skeptical.

Also, you made a sarcastic comment in another post about Neymar being great at beating shit teams:

He's the trouncer of the baddies. Just what we need!

Even if that were true (which it isn't), a player capable of demolishing the lesser teams is EXACTLY what we need. Our inability to beat bottom half teams is why we ended up so far behind in the title race.[/quote]

For saying that is EXACTLY what we need and stating that he's tearing teams apart but not scoring goals is a contradiction. We dominated against all the small clubs that we lost or drew against. So what are we supposed to do? Buy Neymar for an outrageous price and play him against only small clubs? The fact is that the defenders of those small clubs are still much better than the crap teams he's whooping up on. Of course skinny, little, and weak Neymar can score against smaller Chinese and Japanese teams. He also scored a couple against Bolivia. Which team in the premiere has a defense worse than Bolivia?

The two examples you gave of him scoring an important goal were the two that I named as the only two in the last 15 games he's played for them (Columbia and Chile).

I don't care if someone says he is unstoppable when his team doesn't win and he doesn't score a goal. That goes along with the dropping points you were talking about. I'd rather have a player that does nothing but puts the ball in the net so we win than someone who just "dominates". You know who else a lot of managers has said is, "Unstoppable"? Balotelli. Only difference is that Balotelli is doing it against Italian teams in Series A now and on the big international stage against good European teams.

Besides the two mentioned above goals against Columbia and Chile the only game you responded to was against Italy. They drew Italy, he didn't score, and guess who did? That's right, Balotelli.

Those big Olympic games against U23 players I talked about where he got a PK in the quarters and nothing in semi's or finals with his team losing to Mexico...what about those? As I recall a player named Balotelli showed up big in his semi-final against Germany. Who's better though the defenders from the senior German national side or U23 Mexico?

The only reason to have the Justin Bieber like Neymar is for publicity. That's one of the main reasons to get him. A ton of 15-year-old girls will start buying Neymar shirts so we can make a lot of money. Also, the Brazilians who are hoping he becomes their next Ronaldo will all start buying City shirts.

The funny part about it is that guess who also gets a ton of publicity? Balotelli! Seems as though we should have held onto him especially if we knew we'd get rid of Mancini.

Other than being younger, why would you choose Neymar over Falcao or Cavani? Both proven against strong competition and very consistent. Both strong players who can handle the physicality of the league?

Who mentioned Mario? What does he or his international record have to do with a discussion about Neymar?

Of course didn't watch the Italy game. Of course you dismiss the Italian's comments on that game.

It's also unfortunate for you that you don't understand how a player can influence a game and be regarded as unstoppable without scoring a goal. The game is a little more complex than that unfortunately.

His international record is unparalleled for anyone of his age and is one of the best ever. Compare his record to someone like C.Ronaldo, virtually the same number of goals against similar caliber of opposition. At the age of 21.

When did I say I'd choose him over Falcao or Cavani? For the record, those 2 are completely different to Neymar so it's a pointless comparison. It depends what you want from a player. If you're asking me do I think Neymar is a better talent than those 2 then yeah, I think he is. He'll demonstrate this at Barca next season.

conormcfc said:
Who mentioned Mario? What does he or his international record have to do with a discussion about Neymar?

Of course didn't watch the Italy game. Of course you dismiss the Italian's comments on that game.

It's also unfortunate for you that you don't understand how a player can influence a game and be regarded as unstoppable without scoring a goal. The game is a little more complex than that unfortunately.

His international record is unparalleled for anyone of his age and is one of the best ever. Compare his record to someone like C.Ronaldo, virtually the same number of goals against similar caliber of opposition. At the age of 21.

When did I say I'd choose him over Falcao or Cavani? For the record, those 2 are completely different to Neymar so it's a pointless comparison. It depends what you want from a player. If you're asking me do I think Neymar is a better talent than those 2 then yeah, I think he is. He'll demonstrate this at Barca next season.

I didn't say I didn't watch the Italian game. I did watch it.

The point with Balotelli is that we could have just held onto him especially if a new manager could come in and mesh well with him. His goal scoring abilities are just as good as Neymar against better competition.

Also, I don't get why you keep going on about his "unparalleled" international record. I guess you mean scoring almost all his goals against the weak teams that I already listed. his six goals this year, 3 came in the same game where they won 8-0. Two of the others in a 4-0 game against Bolivia. Bolivia is a team who's never in the World Cup.

I know that he is a completely different player than Cavani and Falcao. How/why would we spend over 100 million on two forwards when we will for sure have Aguero and Guidetti still and playing in a 4-3-3 system? For the three attackers we can have Aguero slotted anywhere, Silva on the left, Isco on the right, and we will hopefully have Cavani/Falcao as well. They are also talking about getting Navas. Where is the room left to get another attacker in Neymar? Also how do we buy for any other position if we bought two attackers for 100 milliion.

Clutch004 said:

The point with Balotelli is that we could have just held onto him especially if a new manager could come in and mesh well with him. His goal scoring abilities are just as good as Neymar against better competition.

Also, I don't get why you keep going on about his "unparalleled" international record. I guess you mean scoring almost all his goals against the weak teams that I already listed. his six goals this year, 3 came in the same game where they won 8-0. Two of the others in a 4-0 game against Bolivia. Bolivia is a team who's never in the World Cup.

I know that he is a completely different player than Cavani and Falcao. How/why would we spend over 100 million on two forwards when we will for sure have Aguero and Guidetti still and playing in a 4-3-3 system? For the three attackers we can have Aguero slotted anywhere, Silva on the left, Isco on the right, and we will hopefully have Cavani/Falcao as well. They are also talking about getting Navas. Where is the room left to get another attacker in Neymar? Also how do we buy for any other position if we bought two attackers for 100 milliion.
You're the first person I've seen that has said they've watched that Italy game and saw anything other than a world class display from Neymar. All I've seen are fans/pundits/journalists raving about how good he was.

I agree that we shouldn't have sold Balotelli. Whether or not his ability to score goals is better than Neymar remains to be seen, his record is nowhere near as good for club or country (I know Neymar is playing in Brazil, don't need a discussion about it).

I keep going on about his international record because it is extraordinary. Name me another player with 20 goals in their first 32 international appearances. You can go on about the teams he's scored against all you want, the fact is that every international team comes up against shite every so often and if it was so easy to score a shitload against them then every player would have a record like Neymar's. But no other player does. That is what sets him apart.

We aren't going to sign Neymar, it's a hypothetical scenario. But he'd fit into our team perfectly on the left side of a 4-3-3. Pace, trickery, creativity, vision, goals, the uncanny ability to force a defender into making an unwanted challenge that wins you a penalty. All traits that we have lacked and all things that Neymar has in abundance, traits that some of which Falcao (who I am a massive fan of) and Cavani lack.

Are we talking about the Brazil Italy friendly that finished 2-2? Because if I had to pick a potential 70m pound plus young star on that pitch it would have been Balotelli every time. He even managed to actually score, too.

I'd definitely rather have Neymar here if we're playing 4-3-3 though.

conormcfc said:
Clutch004 said:

You're the first person I've seen that has said they've watched that Italy game and saw anything other than a world class display from Neymar. All I've seen are fans/pundits/journalists raving about how good he was.

I agree that we shouldn't have sold Balotelli. Whether or not his ability to score goals is better than Neymar remains to be seen, his record is nowhere near as good for club or country (I know Neymar is playing in Brazil, don't need a discussion about it).

I keep going on about his international record because it is extraordinary. Name me another player with 20 goals in their first 32 international appearances. You can go on about the teams he's scored against all you want, the fact is that every international team comes up against shite every so often and if it was so easy to score a shitload against them then every player would have a record like Neymar's. But no other player does. That is what sets him apart.

We aren't going to sign Neymar, it's a hypothetical scenario. But he'd fit into our team perfectly on the left side of a 4-3-3. Pace, trickery, creativity, vision, goals, the uncanny ability to force a defender into making an unwanted challenge that wins you a penalty. All traits that we have lacked and all things that Neymar has in abundance, traits that some of which Falcao (who I am a massive fan of) and Cavani lack.

Well it looks like we'll just have to agree to disagree :) Maybe 5 years down-the-line we can come back to this discussion.

I know a lot of City fans will hate this, but I really think Mancini being gone will do us wonders. It's strange that Balotelli is doing fantastic, Dzeko is a leading scorer in European World Cup qualifying, and a lot of players have dropped off with rumors of a lot of them disliking him. But that's an argument for a different page.

By the way, I don't think Neymar is bad. I do think is exceptionally good for his age. I just don't rate him nearly as high as our main targets and think he would be horribly overpriced.

Another thing that's not mentioned enough is that he's only partially owned by Santos. It's already annoying enough trying to convince a player to join the team under normal circumstances. I could see it taking forever to get this transfer to go through for whatever team gets him. It's already been said that Barcelona has been negotiating for him for a very long time as it stands.

Not saying this is at all valid or should in anyway be considered legit but some spanish EPL account just tweeted this out:

El City acaba de hacer una oferta de 138 millones de euros por Neymar. La oferta incluye los 40 millones de indemnización para el Barça.

via @EPL_es

Account has a ton of followers but doesn't say where the info is sourced so just a rumour and could easily be ppl in Brazil leaking to get more money out of barca. Don't shoot the messenger.

People forget just how big this lad is in South America. He's massive and is a cash cow.

Confederations Cup very soon, will get to see him against some brilliant teams. Maybe people should save judgement for then.

cmdub said:
Not saying this is at all valid or should in anyway be considered legit but some spanish EPL account just tweeted this out:

El City acaba de hacer una oferta de 138 millones de euros por Neymar. La oferta incluye los 40 millones de indemnización para el Barça.

via @EPL_es

Account has a ton of followers but doesn't say where the info is sourced so just a rumour and could easily be ppl in Brazil leaking to get more money out of barca. Don't shoot the messenger.

Translated: City have just made a €138 million offer for Neymar. The offer includes €40 million worth of compensation for Barcelona (that first option thing they had/have on him).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.