NFL 2021/22

One of the best sports commentators ever. Grew up listening to him and Pat Summerall. It's what got me interested in NFL in the 80s
Me too! Always preferred it when Channel 4 showed NFC games as it meant you could listen to those two.
The best analogy to describe Madden would be to say that he was the Richie Benaud of American Football.

Me too! Always preferred it when Channel 4 showed NFC games as it meant you could listen to those two.
The best analogy to describe Madden would be to say that he was the Richie Benaud of American Football.
He had a good voice and was a great commentator but I am an AFC east lad lol

He had a good voice and was a great commentator but I am an AFC east lad lol
NFC East for me, though hate the Cowboys plus not to keen on the Giants or Eagles. Back in the 80's the NFC was the dominant conference with the Redskins, as they were, the 49ers, Giants and Bears with their Offensive lines, running games and no nonsense defences being far superior to the finnesse of the AFC. Only the Raiders who played the same way had any success in those years.

NFC East for me, though hate the Cowboys plus not to keen on the Giants or Eagles. Back in the 80's the NFC was the dominant conference with the Redskins, as they were, the 49ers, Giants and Bears with their Offensive lines, running games and no nonsense defences being far superior to the finnesse of the AFC. Only the Raiders who played the same way had any success in those years.
Me too Riggins and co. Stuffing the cowboys always sounded better with those two in the commentary seats. I remember the redskins beating dallas mid eighties on c4 and the closing credits showed the highlights to the music warrior by scandal. Never forgotten it

Last edited:
Jets fan ain't I lol

Jets, Pats, Bills, Phins and back in the day the Colts, some great games to watch, the poor Bills losing 4 finals on the trot in the 90's, shame :)

Me too Riggins and co. Stuffing the cowboys always sounded better with those two in the commentary seats. I remember the redskins beating dallas mid eighties on c4 and the closing credits showed the highlights to the music warrior by scandal. Never forgotten it
Fab post Nellie and I too remember the closing credits.
I went out and bought the album .

Only the lions could beat the number one team in the nfl to blow the number one pick in the draft. Not that it will make much difference really, but still so typical lions.

Only the lions could beat the number one team in the nfl to blow the number one pick in the draft. Not that it will make much difference really, but still so typical lions.

#1 pick isn't that important.

Best rookie this year is Parsons, #12.
Last year it was Herbert, #6 (3rd QB)
2019 probably AJ Brown #51
2018 Josh Allen #7 (3rd QB)
2017 Kamara #67.

The Jaguars aren't getting rid of Trevor Lawrence, so Detroit are still going to have their pick of QBs.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.