NFL 2021/22

#1 pick isn't that important.

Best rookie this year is Parsons, #12.

Last year it was Herbert, #6 (3rd QB)

2019 probably AJ Brown #51

2018 Josh Allen #7 (3rd QB)

2017 Kamara #67.
Top 2 picks will be DE more than likely and lions will take one of those as both very closely matched.

#1 pick isn't that important.

Best rookie this year is Parsons, #12.
Last year it was Herbert, #6 (3rd QB)
2019 probably AJ Brown #51
2018 Josh Allen #7 (3rd QB)
2017 Kamara #67.

The Jaguars aren't getting rid of Trevor Lawrence, so Detroit are still going to have their pick of QBs.

Not quite as simple as that.

Last year, Herbert was #6 but I would suggest the #1, Joe Burrow, is better. In 2019, Kyler Murray was the first pick. He's currently the main man at one of the best teams. More valuable than AJ Brown. As for Parsons being ROTY this year, he was in a position to succeed straight away and has been injury free. While Lawrence has been playing for a shitshow in Jacksonville. The Bengals and Cards do not reach the playoffs this year without those No1 picks.

Thing is, the No1 pick will not always be the best player because the worst teams pick first and they are going to pick based on need. This is not always the best player available.

Pick No1 is very important if your front office is good at evaluating talent.

Not quite as simple as that.

Last year, Herbert was #6 but I would suggest the #1, Joe Burrow, is better. In 2019, Kyler Murray was the first pick. He's currently the main man at one of the best teams. More valuable than AJ Brown. As for Parsons being ROTY this year, he was in a position to succeed straight away and has been injury free. While Lawrence has been playing for a shitshow in Jacksonville. The Bengals and Cards do not reach the playoffs this year without those No1 picks.

Thing is, the No1 pick will not always be the best player because the worst teams pick first and they are going to pick based on need. This is not always the best player available.

Pick No1 is very important if your front office is good at evaluating talent.
Also depends on the year. Last year the top 4 picks were QBs, this year probably won’t be one in the top 5. Lions pick at 2 and realistically they take a DE that sets up the defense but the offense is still fucked. They have another season of being shit and then hopefully get a high pick at a top QB.

Also depends on the year. Last year the top 4 picks were QBs, this year probably won’t be one in the top 5. Lions pick at 2 and realistically they take a DE that sets up the defense but the offense is still fucked. They have another season of being shit and then hopefully get a high pick at a top QB.

You would maybe taking a QB if the draft had a real high quality one. Seem to be question marks over all the top rated QBs in the draft.

I just want all the WRs to still be on the board by the time the Browns pick. Garret Wilson would be a nice pick.

You would maybe taking a QB if the draft had a real high quality one. Seem to be question marks over all the top rated QBs in the draft.

I just want all the WRs to still be on the board by the time the Browns pick. Garret Wilson would be a nice pick.
I think the lions will take Hutchinson which makes sense as he’s what they need, local, known leader and the more developed of the two DEs. Can’t se the lions taking QB to be honest when they need so much help in almost every position. Hopefully with two first round picks they take some offensive help at WR.

Will the browns stick with mayfield another season?

Will the browns stick with mayfield another season?

Looks like it, at the moment. He's clearly not as bad a player as he has been this season. He's all torque when throwing so an injury even to his non-throwing shoulder, will cause him problems. Do I think we could do with better? Yes. I just don't see a suitable QB alternative.

Watson - no, thanks
Rogers - no chance
Wilson - very low chance and he does not appear to be the player he was
Draft QB - none stand out

I think the lions will take Hutchinson which makes sense as he’s what they need, local, known leader and the more developed of the two DEs. Can’t se the lions taking QB to be honest when they need so much help in almost every position. Hopefully with two first round picks they take some offensive help at WR.

There will be better QBs in the 2023 draft. So would be better to hold fire, anyway.

If I was a GM, if I had a decent OL but no franchise QB, I would always go QB if I was confident in their ability.

Detroit seem to have improved as the season has gone on? Why's that?

There will be better QBs in the 2023 draft. So would be better to hold fire, anyway.

If I was a GM, if I had a decent OL but no franchise QB, I would always go QB if I was confident in their ability.

Detroit seem to have improved as the season has gone on? Why's that?
They have suffered badly with injuries but i wouldn’t read too much into todays win. Goff clearly is very limited and the coach Dan Campbell I’m really not sold on. Saying that they have some real talent. They have a fantastic OL, hockenson, swift and st brown who are really good players, but they have just lost some bad games (2 or 3 with last second field goals) and another couple they had real chances in. Realistically they are a bit better than 3 wins, but with Goff and Campbell I’m not sure how far they will ever progress.

They have a lot of draft picks over the next two years so have potential to stack up a bit and maybe add to the blocks they already have in place, but it’s the lions and feel I got really unlucky when landing in Michigan all those years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.