Nfl Fantasy League draft tonight at 8:30pm

pudge said:
MCFC1993 said:
pudge said:
23 plays for New Orleans tonight, 18 pass attempts.

Sorry but I could give Unitas a run for his money in that system.

Brady and such have had running games to complement them, it's Brees, Brees, Brees in New Orleans.

To be honest I think its down to the whole Offense not so much this year but the last few years, we have so many options usually that the pass has always been on.
You have Sproles, had Reggie Bush who I maintain never got a fair crack of the whip in NO.

The option to run the ball and do so effectively has been there but Payton and Brees are too in love with each other.

Me and you share that opinion on Bush. I'd have him back in a heartbeat. Just to have him there as a back up to the passing game but to be honest i'd using far more than just a back up option. Before he broke his leg I thought he was one of the top running backs. But I love the partnership of Payton and Brees to so I cant argue the passing strategy.

Great Win! Watch us go on a win streak now.

Guessing Jay isn't going to show his face around here...

I feel sick to the stomach after watching that last quarter. I've been reading Charger fans message board all week and lots of them have been saying watch out for this game, the NFL wants the Saints to win. The Brees record, SNF, the suspended head coach being allowed back, John Unitas son being at the game.... it was a complete and utter setup. And the refs just played their part as expected.

The Ingram personal foul was ridiculous which stopped the game being 31-14 in our favour.

Then the interception by the Saints was clear pass interference.

Then the holding call from Hardwick was astonishing.

Then on a big gain on the final drive Gates is penalised for pass intereference that was a touch of the arm, but when the same thing happens the other way two plays later no pi called.

During the final drive again the refs have a conference in the middle of the pitch, take 10 seconds off the clock and do not put it back on. Then two of our players on two different drives go out of bounds to stop the clock but the refs rule them in bounds so the clock keeps on running.

I have honestly never seen anything like it. It beats anything that's ever happened at a City match. It was so obvious even the commentators couldn't ignore.

We should have won that game but were well and truly robbed.

This is what Drew Brees thinks about it...

Reporter: "hey how did it feel to do this against the team that let you go"

Brees replies "yeah i figured you'd ask that, since you moved the game to sunday night and scheduled it against the San diego"

So basically even the QB of the opposition knew what was going on!! Setup!!

That's 2 years in a row that Brees 'breaks' a record on primtime tv..

Like I said, the Katrina refs are back.

pudge said:

They could have at least tried to hide it though! On the Chargers message board today there has been Saints fans on there saying that it was a joke and that they are have had it with football even though it went in their favour

Felt like the good old times last night, all decisions going our way, Payton smiling, all is good. I'll admit there were some conspicuous calls late on but i'm being lieing if I said I wasn't happy with the win. Buccaneers up next, chance to move to 2nd in the division!

jay_mcfc said:
pudge said:

They could have at least tried to hide it though! On the Chargers message board today there has been Saints fans on there saying that it was a joke and that they are have had it with football even though it went in their favour
The NFC Championship game is the prime example.

They were handed the Superbowl, they didn't win it.<br /><br />-- Oct 8th, '12, 21:16 --<br /><br />
MCFC1993 said:
Felt like the good old times last night, all decisions going our way, Payton smiling, all is good. I'll admit there were some conspicuous calls late on but i'm being lieing if I said I wasn't happy with the win. Buccaneers up next, chance to move to 2nd in the division!
2nd in the division but possibly still 4 games back

pudge said:
jay_mcfc said:
pudge said:

The NFC Championship game is the prime example.

They were handed the Superbowl, they didn't win it.

-- Oct 8th, '12, 21:16 --

MCFC1993 said:
2nd in the division but possibly still 4 games back

Just to finish ahead of the Buc's and Panthers would do me for this year the way were playing, the Falcons are already moving well out of sight. Like I said yesterday they would seriously have to drop from the level they're playing at in order to not win the division. Plus we'll never get a wildcard, the standard is to good in the other NFC divisions this year, although there's a part of me wanting a good draft pick next year.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.