NHS pay deal

Still heard nothing about the 2024-2025 pay award.It wont be started until a new government is in place.
So now band 1 and 2 are on minimum wage as of april 1 st.
Just got my pay slip and my weekend enhancements have gone down,chipping away into our pay like they did in the 2010's.
I give up five saturdays and five sundays on a seven week rota only to make ends meet and even this is being eaten into,whats the point.

Still heard nothing about the 2024-2025 pay award.It wont be started until a new government is in place.
Just got my pay slip and my weekend enhancements have gone down,chipping away into our pay like they did in the 2010's.
I give up five saturdays and five sundays on a seven week rota only to make ends meet and even this is being eaten into,whats the point.

I am sure that this is the experience of millions and millions of working people in the UK.

The Tory Government of millionaire don't understand or care about this as they never have and never will experience it and they don't even know anyone in this situation. The feeling of seeing your financial situation deteriorating year on year, with no way to change things is really demoralising.

We are at the point where people are working as hard as they can yet not being able to afford to live. The corporatisation of everything and the tax dodging of the wealthy (who don't pay proportionately as much tax as people on a barely living wage) have lead us here.

In France there would be riots on the street, but us Brits don't like to make a fuss and just suffer it.

My hope is that there will be enough people in a Labour government who understand that this is the biggest problem facing the country.

My fear is that instead of rioting many people will vent their frustration by voting for Reform, just because they want to 'reform' the government, or blame it all on immigrants when the Leaders of Reform are even worse and fully intend to shaft the poor, remove the NHS lifeline and appease their Kremlin paymaster.

I am sure that this is the experience of millions and millions of working people in the UK.

The Tory Government of millionaire don't understand or care about this as they never have and never will experience it and they don't even know anyone in this situation. The feeling of seeing your financial situation deteriorating year on year, with no way to change things is really demoralising.

We are at the point where people are working as hard as they can yet not being able to afford to live. The corporatisation of everything and the tax dodging of the wealthy (who don't pay proportionately as much tax as people on a barely living wage) have lead us here.

In France there would be riots on the street, but us Brits don't like to make a fuss and just suffer it.

My hope is that there will be enough people in a Labour government who understand that this is the biggest problem facing the country.

My fear is that instead of rioting many people will vent their frustration by voting for Reform, just because they want to 'reform' the government, or blame it all on immigrants when the Leaders of Reform are even worse and fully intend to shaft the poor, remove the NHS lifeline and appease their Kremlin paymaster.
I just phoned my payroll only for it to be an automated message saying they no longer except phone calls and everything goes through email or online chat.

Managed to chat to.someone only to be told my lower enhancements rates are correct, they have been " protected " since 2019 and that came to an end on March 31 st 2024.

so even though the change is small,it equates to me losing 1.5 hours for working sat and sunday, roughly about £20 per weekend, when we eventually get our pay rise,its already been wiped out .

It wont stop till eventually everyone is paid the same for working nights,weekends as monday to friday people in the nhs,thank fuck Im coming to the end .I despair for the youngsters etc

I just phoned my payroll only for it to be an automated message saying they no longer except phone calls and everything goes through email or online chat.

Managed to chat to.someone only to be told my lower enhancements rates are correct, they have been " protected " since 2019 and that came to an end on March 31 st 2024.

so even though the change is small,it equates to me losing 1.5 hours for working sat and sunday, roughly about £20 per weekend, when we eventually get our pay rise,its already been wiped out .

It wont stop till eventually everyone is paid the same for working nights,weekends as monday to friday people in the nhs,thank fuck Im coming to the end .I despair for the youngsters etc
It's the meanness and tight-fistedness of it al that is insulting, and it the frustrating thing is that it is likely all because an executive wants to earn his bonus.

My wife works in the NHS treatment rooms and everything is hard word from the computers not working, restricted budgets to replace minor but essential items, working alone for 8 hours, patients booked in for 15 mins appointments by the booking line when they need 45 mins or an hour, so you are always behind, under pressure and getting grief from patients.

Unions are anticipating 3%.

Will likely be September before you see anything, backdated to April.

Unions are anticipating 3%.

Will likely be September before you see anything, backdated to April.
Yep,the unions and rcn said this year they would be bypassing the pay review body as they don't listen,the tories knew an election was probably on the cards and have passsed the buck onto the next government.Like you say,september the earliest backdated and, 3% if we're incredibly lucky.

Met a few old RAF pals who are still in after 35 years! One who’s an officer who has to go round all stations doing various standard checks says that for every 1 they are recruiting now 100 are leaving, they are down to around 32k now within 3/4 years they are going to be fucked. Pay is one of the big factors plus the younger generation aren’t joining for King and country and have no real commitment to it all (not all I may add), the mindset with discipline etc is just completely different, the forces have got massive issues coming up as have many public sector employers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.