NHS pay deal

Don't worry, I saw loads of people out on the streets protesting about foreigners taking their jobs. They'll no doubt be applying for them in droves, if you don't mind 16 or 17 prior convictions.

I’m sure they wouldn’t mind as long as it’s one of their own.

To be fair you have to remember that the NHS is one of the top 10 largest employers in the world.

I work for a large UK company, nothing in comparison to the size of the NHS but we have jobs going like that so I wouldn't be surprised if the NHS did as well.

Based on what I’ve heard, whatever the NHS are doing with inclusion and diversity managers it’s nowhere near enough. I’ve come home today to be told by my wife that her colleague (who is a second generation Indian immigrant) was told by her manager that as part of training a new joiner she could teach him how to make a curry!

I wish that was an isolated incident but I hear stories like that from her pretty often. In most private organisations a comment like that would get you in severe hot water.

I think the truth is the NHS probably (like all organisations of a certain size) has some employees that are a straight up liability. The hiring of diversity managers might be a cost saving initiative so they don’t end up spending a fortune in tribunals.

Based on what I’ve heard, whatever the NHS are doing with inclusion and diversity managers it’s nowhere near enough. I’ve come home today to be told by my wife that her colleague (who is a second generation Indian immigrant) was told by her manager that as part of training a new joiner she could teach him how to make a curry!

I wish that was an isolated incident but I hear stories like that from her pretty often. In most private organisations a comment like that would get you in severe hot water.

I think the truth is the NHS probably (like all organisations of a certain size) has some employees that are a straight up liability. The hiring of diversity managers might be a cost saving initiative so they don’t end up spending a fortune in tribunals.
Oh eck! Yes indeed, without monitoring and managing it I'm not so sure it's otherwise easy to bash out the pig ignorance in people.

Bullying is the biggest problem in the NHS. Senior management too weak to deal with staff that ride rough shot over them. If I told my boss to fuck off I’d get my cards, in the NHS the boss fucks off.

My missus works in the NHS, and not many working days go by without her coming home and telling me about some of the jobs that appear in her emails, mainly inclusion and diversity management on ridiculously high Salaries
Not this shite again.
There’s something like one for every 2000 NHS employees so it’s pretty unlikely that most job vacancies are for Diversity and Inclusion Managers.

One of the biggest problem with the NHS is the perception that it’s stuffed full of overpaid managers whereas the reality is that most managers are actually clinical staff who have been put into management roles that they’re unsuited for because Trusts don’t want to employ people who are properly trained in management but not clinical because they’ll get accused of wasting money. As a percentage most areas of the NHS have fewer managers than most organisations.

My wife’s experience in the NHS is that poor performance is not dealt with properly and the majority who do a great job get pissed off by a minority that get away with everything because management don’t have the skills to deal with it, and they end up just moving the problem characters to other areas within the trust where they will inevitably cause more problems.

Bullying is the biggest problem in the NHS. Senior management too weak to deal with staff that ride rough shot over them. If I told my boss to fuck off I’d get my cards, in the NHS the boss fucks off.
Would it be possible to get someone in the NHS to tell my boss to fuck off please?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.