NHS Strike

Ifwecouldjust....... said:
BlueBearBoots said:
M18CTID said:
I'm not someone who is in favour of strike action but ffs, it's not like the nurses are asking for the earth here and making wholly unrealistic demands. 1% pay rises aren't worth a fucking wank so I'm not surprised they're pissed off.

isnt it 1% on top of the 3% that 55% of NHS workers are already getting that the dispute is about?

The !% was recommended by the pay commission across all levels of nursing staff. The 3% represents an increase to those nurses who are undergoing 'training' and is in recognition that over the last twelve months they will have developed their skills. Graduate Nurses (yes they have a degree or Nursing Diploma) start at £21,388, rising to £27,901due to this 'step' increase in the early years

It's degree only nowadays fella. Last nurses with diploma's I think qualified in 2012.

It doesn't really matter what the qualifications are for nursing, or any other job for that matter, when it comes to pay.

Recruitment and retainment are the factors for determining pay.

And with thousands of foreign nurses willing to work in the NHS and nursing courses 10 times oversubscribed there is not going to be a nurse shortage any time soon.

When it comes to buying the labour of nurses or anyone else the government has a duty to pay only what is necessary and no more.

The workers who fund the NHS with their tax cash are paid according to the ruthless rules of supply and demand, so it is only fair and reasonable that those who are paid with that tax cash are too.

urmston said:
It doesn't really matter what the qualifications are for nursing, or any other job for that matter, when it comes to pay.

And with thousands of foreign nurses willing to work in the NHS and nursing courses 10 times oversubscribed there is not going to be a nurse shortage any time soon.

When it comes to buying the labour of nurses or anyone else the government has a duty to pay only what is necessary and no more.

The workers who fund the NHS with their tax cash are paid according to the ruthless rules of supply and demand, so it is only fair and reasonable that those who are paid with that tax cash are too.

But this, and most likely the next, government want to stop johnny foreigner coming to the UK to work What happens to your supply and demand theory then?

There are over ten thousand vacancies for nurses and growing. Hope you get a nurse who knows what they are doing if you get ill. lots of foreign nurses are not fit for purpose. Some come from countries less developed and do not have the same equipment knowledge or experience of a NHS trained nurse.

urmston said:

Sooooo..perhaps going off topic slightly. We bring in foreign staff to man our hospitals / Care Homes (both for the elderly and the young / Nurseries / schools but recent evidence in the Alice Gross case shows that we as a country are unable to validate / check the criminal records of people who enter the country

Go here

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-29485582" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-29485582</a>

Now..because my Mrs works with children and they come to our house, my entire family (5 of us) have had to be CRB (Criminal Records) checked at a cost of £60+ each....whats the point of any of this if we cannot check the criminal records of foreign staff who work with vulnerable people

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
It might save us a few bob if we were to elect foreigners as MPs. I'm sure they would do a better job than the jokes we currently have at Westminster. Fruit pickers from Romania would do a good job on a Commons Select Committee, I'm sure!

They would at least know what a Weeks pay was like for a Weeks hard work.

mcmanus said:
Dave Ewing's Back 'eader said:
bluemoon32 said:
The NHS workers i know just ignored the strike.

Well they deserve all the shit a Tory government and their mates in American healthcare companies can force down their gullets!

If you don't stand together the Tories will fuck you right over.

Correct. Wont be long before they ask for your insurance details or credit card prior to being seen. Its in all our interests to pay for a good NHS.

P.S the labour MP's should refuse any pay rise until the Nurses get one. Too many carrier MP's these days no conviction.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.