Nice areas of England to live

stonerblue said:
Harrogate has some of the most expensive property in the country.

I have a lovely little house in Radcliffe and am prepared to do a 'swap' with you.
My brother-in law lives in Harrogate.He moved from manchester with his then girlfriend now wife with her family.He got a one bedroom flat,no front garden and a small shared back yard with the upstairs for about 115,000 not cheap!.But its a lovely area to live.We visit all the time.He wants 2 back to mancs for family and to see city when he wants.must be crazy!!

danburge82 said:
The south side of Altrinham; Dunham, Bowden, Hale or Hale Barns.

Local schools are very good. Met into town is minutes away. Only an 8mile drive to the city centre. Airport is minutes away. Motorways are close. It's in the North where the accents are not crucifying to the ears.

I would stretch this out a bit to include Lymn and Antrobus.

PhuketBlue said:
stonerblue said:
Harrogate has some of the most expensive property in the country.

I have a lovely little house in Radcliffe and am prepared to do a 'swap' with you.

Thanks to all who have replied.

Cost isn't really a major issue as it's only for a couple of years or so and we'd only be renting. Plus Phuket isn't exactly cheap for housing.

Funnily enough we had thought about a house swap but they generally seem to be 2-3 months at most.

In that case, down south i'd say Brighton/Hove. Cosmopolitan, on the coast, south downs, great for kids, great links to Europe and plenty of opportunities for a man to make a crust.

ifiwasarichfan said:
danburge82 said:
The south side of Altrinham; Dunham, Bowden, Hale or Hale Barns.

Local schools are very good. Met into town is minutes away. Only an 8mile drive to the city centre. Airport is minutes away. Motorways are close. It's in the North where the accents are not crucifying to the ears.

I would stretch this out a bit to include Lymn and Antrobus.
do they still do banger racing at antrobus farm.is antrobus farm even still there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.