Nick Griffin on Question Time..

I don't understand.

If the BNP disallow immigration, what will happen to our football teams?

I haven't read this whole thread. I am not a BNP supporter and have never considered voting BNP. However, I defend their right for a platform in our democracy. If it's OK for a bunch of extreme muslim nutters to protest that Britain should operate under Sharia Law, or march on British streets burning books, supporting fatwahs, and all the rest of it, then it is equally acceptable that the BNP nutters get their platform especially given the number of votes that they have garnered.

The BNP are a symptom of, and a reaction to, excessive and often uncontrolled immigration. It is the underlying cause that needs addressing, not the BNP. They will fade and die once the issue is confronted and dealt with in a realistic manner, and not just ignored with trite comments about racism and xenophobia.

Balti said:
I haven't read this whole thread. I am not a BNP supporter and have never considered voting BNP. However, I defend their right for a platform in our democracy. If it's OK for a bunch of extreme muslim nutters to protest that Britain should operate under Sharia Law, or march on British streets burning books, supporting fatwahs, and all the rest of it, then it is equally acceptable that the BNP nutters get their platform especially given the number of votes that they have garnered.

The BNP are a symptom of, and a reaction to, excessive and often uncontrolled immigration. It is the underlying cause that needs addressing, not the BNP. They will fade and die once the issue is confronted and dealt with in a realistic manner, and not just ignored with trite comments about racism and xenophobia.

With a username like Balti you can't be a BNP supporter!

I think the whole immigration hysteria is over exaggerated from the media. I heard that alot of immigrants coming here, get their application turned down, more than you think. The BNP will struggle to deal with other problems in this country that aren't race related, such as the economy, or is that the fault of Muslims? Immigration is just one problem, there are a lot more in the UK.

Baroness Warsi will be interesting to see perform,she's outspoken against a lot of the practices the British Muslim Council promotes. The human rights abuse of Muslim women is high on her agenda.
I still think it's gonna be carnage with clueless students & thugs grabbing all the attention.
Germaine Greer would have been awesome on the panel,she loves to rip blokes a new one,i'd have had Boris Johnson on aswell to lighten things up a bit when they get a bit nasty.

Balti said:

this is exactly what I said Balti. Damn this thread will peter out if we all act sensibly ;-)

Balti said:

this is exactly what I said Balti. Damn this thread will peter out if we all act sensibly ;-)

Ronnie the Rep said:
Balti said:

Hang on. There's not much "sensible" in that post.

1. If the bnp are "nutters" just like the "nutters" who want Sharia Law in Britain - then they should be given the same platform - ie. the fucking streets, not prime time on bbc one in front of millions of viewers.
2. If "excessive and often uncontrolled immigration" is truly a problem, then how does giving a platform to a bunch of fascists who don't want controlled immigration, but rather no immigration, become any sort of solution when it is in fact an impossibility.
3. The "we have too many immigrants" rhetoric which the far right spout has been going on for decades now. The answer was not repatriation thirty years ago, and it isn't the answer now. So again, what is "sensible" about listening to the bnp. If you are so thick that the only way you can stimulate debate on the state of the nation, and on it's ruling parties is by heeding the words of a one eyed fascist then I pity you.

Hang on. There's not much "sensible" in that post.

1. If the bnp are "nutters" just like the "nutters" who want Sharia Law in Britain - then they should be given the same platform - ie. the fucking streets, not prime time on bbc one in front of millions of viewers.
2. If "excessive and often uncontrolled immigration" is truly a problem, then how does giving a platform to a bunch of fascists who don't want controlled immigration, but rather no immigration, become any sort of solution when it is in fact an impossibility.
3. The "we have too many immigrants" rhetoric which the far right spout has been going on for decades now. The answer was not repatriation thirty years ago, and it isn't the answer now. So again, what is "sensible" about listening to the bnp. If you are so thick that the only way you can stimulate debate on the state of the nation, and on it's ruling parties is by heeding the words of a one eyed fascist then I pity you.[/quote]

Billy, the big difference is that the BNP have received enough votes to get elected. They may well be mostly protest votes (they probably are). Their views on repatriation are laughable but his inclusion allows the debate on immigration and other issues that bother people to be aired in an organised debate - not on some street corner

Ronnie the Rep said:
Billy, the big difference is that the BNP have received enough votes to get elected. They may well be mostly protest votes (they probably are). Their views on repatriation are laughable but his inclusion allows the debate on immigration and other issues that bother people to be aired in an organised debate - not on some street corner

I've seen plenty of debates in newspapers, on Question Time, and on many websites. None of those debates have required a bnp representative, or any other fascist, to either open up the debate, or to keep it stimulated.

I think it's incredibly dangerous to try and justify Griffin's existence in mainstream politics by saying it is healthy for debate on subjects like immigration. Tell me it's about free speech and I'll swallow it because I actually believe in that principal. His protest votes have gotten him the platform he desires. You can't pay lip service to the millions of second and third generation immigrants who live in this country by saying that you don't agree with the bnp, then in the same breath tell them "but I'm glad he's there because it helps stimulate debate". Sorry, but I find that argument thinner than a silver rizla...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.