Nick Griffin on Question Time..

dannybcity said:
fallowfieldflyer said:
If like you say that origanaly afro caribbeans came over to these shores to fill a void in jobs for example hospitals,how can you compare that to todays immigrants who flock to these shores only for the piece of cake on offer.

How many immigrants do you know that are here "for a piece of cake"? I don't know any.

Well in the Bury area it happens,and i have also seen immigrants (illegal) trying to get in (and succeding ) from the French border.

dannybcity said:
fallowfieldflyer said:
If like you say that origanaly afro caribbeans came over to these shores to fill a void in jobs for example hospitals,how can you compare that to todays immigrants who flock to these shores only for the piece of cake on offer.

How many immigrants do you know that are here "for a piece of cake"? I don't know any.

Firstly people described here aren't so much "immigrants" as by and large these are skilled people seeking to settle here. These people are Asylum seekers or (in some circles) economic migrants.

Denial of their existence doesn't help, I don't know any personally either but whilst their numbers may be exaggerated by certain media, they do exist. Otherwise how do you explain these camps in Calais etc full to the brim of people waiting their chance to get to our shores. The rules on Asylum are such that people are required to apply for asylum in the first safe port they reach. Are they saying France is not safe. Many thousands manage to get to Britain, many are deported, but just as many manage to stay. They DO exist.

If as some assert, this "piece of cake" doesnt exist, it does beg the question why so many are so desperate to settle here and not say France where EU law requires them to apply for.

M18CTID said:
However, the rest of your post is bang on the money for me and interestingly no-one has responded to it so far. If the estimates are correct, I can't honestly see how we can cope with an extra 9 million people flooding into this country over the next 10-15 years. The country is struggling like mad now so Christ knows what it will be like if those estimates prove anything like close to being correct. Are millions of jobs and houses going to magic themselves out of thin air to cater for all these extra people? Somehow I don't think so.

Immigration is good for any country, and anybody who says otherwise is being very narrow-minded but it's only good for a country if, at some point, a restriction is put on the numbers coming in. Surely we can all see that?

Best post of the thread IMO, well done ;-) .

M18CTID said:
Immigration is good for any country, and anybody who says otherwise is being very narrow-minded but it's only good for a country if, at some point, a restriction is put on the numbers coming in. Surely we can all see that?

To highlight this, look at Japan, they have a very strict immigration policy which is leading to an aging population and is going to cause them all sorts of problems.

As far as I'm concerned anyone who wants to live here can, we have no more right to be here than anyone else, it's just a piece of land and the idea that we have some God-given right to be here and decide who else can is ridiculous.

Asylum seekers are trying to get away from persecution and death, and anyone who really thinks they should be left to die because 50p of your taxes is going towards keeping them alive is an idiot. What if there was an outbreak of war in England, would you rather stay here and get slaughtered rather than become an asylum seeker, because that's oh-so-shameful?

As far as I'm concerned anyone who wants to live here can,

Has to be the most stupid reply of the debate

Would probably be more accurate to say some asylum seekers are coming here to avoid death and persecution.
Some are undeniably coming for the 'piece of cake'.

lafitz2008 said:
Would probably be more accurate to say some asylum seekers are coming here to avoid death and persecution.
Some are undeniably coming for the 'piece of cake'.

Would either your good self or someone else please read my last post above,and enlighten me as to what this much-mentioned "piece of cake" actually entails?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.