Nick Griffin on Question Time..

With the drop in the birth rate and people living longer we will be pleading for immigrants to replenish our workforce.

This economic reality should do much to temper the inevitable outcry that will accompany today’s news that the UK population may swell to 70 million in 20 years’ time.

Sure, such a massive wave of immigration brings with it huge policy challenges, from pressure on public services to potential strains within certain sectors of the labour market. But it also brings with it massive advantages, not least a younger, fitter population that typically works harder and longer for relatively modest wages, and whose taxes will do much to pay for those that have already retired.

Without them, we will be older, poorer and in an even bigger financial mess than we already are. You can't have it both ways.

BluePurgatory said:
Unknown_Genius said:
Try reading the rest of that sentence.

Why? Do you not understand what you have said.

Yes, I have said anyone wants to live here can, no one owns Britain, its just a piece of land, no one has a god-given right to be here.

If someone from Mozambique wants to live here, why can't they?

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
lafitz2008 said:
Would probably be more accurate to say some asylum seekers are coming here to avoid death and persecution.
Some are undeniably coming for the 'piece of cake'.

Would either your good self or someone else please read my last post above,and enlighten me as to what this much-mentioned "piece of cake" actually entails?
There's no point reasoning because the type of person that comes out with statements like this is basing it entirely on a headline in the newspaper that relates to a family of Muslims who've been given a nice house.

Like this is the proverbial piece of cake that they are seeking. Your argument will be wasted as generalisations and paranoia will be be thrown at you.

Unknown_Genius said:
BluePurgatory said:
Why? Do you not understand what you have said.

Yes, I have said anyone wants to live here can, no one owns Britain, its just a piece of land, no one has a god-given right to be here.

I still stand by what I said and will go one further in calling you an idiot if you believe in that .

lafitz2008 said:
Would probably be more accurate to say some asylum seekers are coming here to avoid death and persecution.
Some are undeniably coming for the 'piece of cake'.

Would either your good self or someone else please read my last post above,and enlighten me as to what this much-mentioned "piece of cake" actually entails?

Benefits that are issued a lot quicker than in countries like France.Access to free healthcare,prescriptions,dental care,housing and education for children.

BluePurgatory said:
Unknown_Genius said:

I still stand by what I said and will go one further in calling you an idiot if you believe in that .

Feel free to do that. Why can't someone from another country live here if they want to? British people are perfectly entitled to live in Spain, America, etc. Why shouldn't it be the same for people that want to come here?

twinkletoes said:
With the drop in the birth rate and people living longer we will be pleading for immigrants to replenish our workforce.

This economic reality should do much to temper the inevitable outcry that will accompany today’s news that the UK population may swell to 70 million in 20 years’ time.

Sure, such a massive wave of immigration brings with it huge policy challenges, from pressure on public services to potential strains within certain sectors of the labour market. But it also brings with it massive advantages, not least a younger, fitter population that typically works harder and longer for relatively modest wages, and whose taxes will do much to pay for those that have already retired.

Without them, we will be older, poorer and in an even bigger financial mess than we already are. You can't have it both ways.

Personally i think all this mass immigration is about keeping the poor poor and the rich rich in this country and the whole race issue is there to distract us.

ono said:
There's no point reasoning because the type of person that comes out with statements like this is basing it entirely on a headline in the newspaper that relates to a family of Muslims who've been given a nice house.

Like this is the proverbial piece of cake that they are seeking. Your argument will be wasted as generalisations and paranoia will be be thrown at you.

Oh,I see...so its the Daily Mail piece of cake - the "proverbial" one - the one that only exists in the minds of fevered columnists in Tory tabloids.
Thank you ono,my friend - here was I thinking that they all flooded in from Sangatte for 96 inch screen plasma tellys,8 bedroom detached council houses and public school educations,not years of racist suspicion and persecution for wanting to better their lot in life.
Glad we cleared that one up.

i shall be watching tonight and i think the real debate will start then. i just hope it doesnt turn into a farce, and the audience are not cherry picked.

Why any of you intelligent posters are bothering with this thread is beyond me.

It's pointless.

We all support an Arab owned football club rife with black players and foreign players.

The hypocrisy is there for all to see.

BM gets more and more tedious with each passing day and the arrival of just one more right wing clown.

Losing the will to live now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.