Nick Griffin on Question Time..

Nick Griffins appearance on last nights Question Time was an absolute and utter vindication of both the BBC's courageous decision to allow him airtime,and for democracy itself.
No one can now be left in any doubt as to exactly what Griffin and his party stand for.
And before some sorry apologist starts carping about this being "unfair/a witchhunt/biased audience" or any of the other supposed excuses for Griffin being revealed as a fascist,the audience were actually a fair representation and cross-section of real mainstream public opinion.
You see,thats what Griffin and his odious cohorts just don't get - they bleat on about some "liberal conspiracy" that automatically assumes that the BBC has cherry picked these participants,whereas all that an eloquent,polite and intelligent public did was to raise valid questions which Griffin was singularly unable to answer with any degree of rationality.
That audience simply reflected the average reasonable persons strong opposition to the policies he espouses.
He was made to look shifty,unsure,and foolish and if one myth can now be blown apart now it is surely that this man is in any way whatsoever intelligent.
He was reduced to backtracking and recanting views that he once expressed on the Holocaust,(and what kind of idiot thinks that inane smirking and laughter is a good response to his Holocaust stance),and was made to look increasingly foolish and uncomfortable with every passing question.
The ultimate irony is that prior to this programme Griffin was relishing the prospect of debate,yet by the end of it he was sweating,shaking,isolated and couldn't wait for it to be over.
He was,quite simply,completely out of his intellectual depth,totally ill-prepared for even the most obvious questions,lacking in any coherent policy and left looking rather ridiculous.
We are no longer in any doubt as to Griffins real agenda,if we ever were.
Anyone who still thinks that he has any credence and credibility left after that lamentable performance must be either very stupid or racist.
Or very stupid and racist.

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
Nick Griffins appearance on last nights Question Time was an absolute and utter vindication of both the BBC's courageous decision to allow him airtime,and for democracy itself.
No one can now be left in any doubt as to exactly what Griffin and his party stand for.
And before some sorry apologist starts carping about this being "unfair/a witchhunt/biased audience" or any of the other supposed excuses for Griffin being revealed as a fascist,the audience were actually a fair representation and cross-section of real mainstream public opinion.
You see,thats what Griffin and his odious cohorts just don't get - they bleat on about some "liberal conspiracy" that automatically assumes that the BBC has cherry picked these participants,whereas all that an eloquent,polite and intelligent public did was to raise valid questions which Griffin was singularly unable to answer with any degree of rationality.
That audience simply reflected the average reasonable persons strong opposition to the policies he espouses.
He was made to look shifty,unsure,and foolish and if one myth can now be blown apart now it is surely that this man is in any way whatsoever intelligent.
He was reduced to backtracking and recanting views that he once expressed on the Holocaust,(and what kind of idiot thinks that inane smirking and laughter is a good response to his Holocaust stance),and was made to look increasingly foolish and uncomfortable with every passing question.
The ultimate irony is that prior to this programme Griffin was relishing the prospect of debate,yet by the end of it he was sweating,shaking,isolated and couldn't wait for it to be over.
He was,quite simply,completely out of his intellectual depth,totally ill-prepared for even the most obvious questions,lacking in any coherent policy and left looking rather ridiculous.
Anyone who still thinks that he has any credence and credibility left after that lamentable performance must be either very stupid or racist.
IF hes a racist or not,in the end who really gives a fuck..seems to me what i was looking at last night is all those protestors really need to buckle down and find a job.

mr t said:
I know this is a serious issue but on a lighter note I'd like to say that I pissed myself laughing when that bloke in the audience called him DICK Griffin - so true.

I thought it was the most childish thing i have seen on the program. How am i too take someone seriously on a matter, which he finds so important, as he wants too bring it up on national television, and trivialise it with a silly pun.

I also thought the lady on the far right of the table, a cultural expert was a waste of time. She added nothing too the program, and seemed to have an air of arrogance, which i believe was un just.

The person who came across the best, was the female conservative. She had many answers to alot of the questions, and spoke well, generally.

I would have also given her one.

mrcunny said:
nijinsky's fetlocks said:
IF hes a racist or not,in the end who really gives a fuck..seems to me what i was looking at last night is all those protestors really need to buckle down and find a job.

So,even after last nights display,you still are unsure whether he's racist or not.
But then you don't "give a fuck" anyway,and then make some infantile comment about protesters "finding a job".
Most reasonable people actually do "give a fuck" about Griffin.
Hence record viewing figures for the programme.
Hence people,(who may well have jobs for all you know),feeling strongly enough to demonstrate their opposition.
Hence 80 odd pages of debate on this thread,90% of which thinks Griffin is an arsehole.
I would suggest that its you who are in the minority on this one.

Clubber said:
mr t said:
I know this is a serious issue but on a lighter note I'd like to say that I pissed myself laughing when that bloke in the audience called him DICK Griffin - so true.

I thought it was the most childish thing i have seen on the program. How am i too take someone seriously on a matter, which he finds so important, as he wants too bring it up on national television, and trivialise it with a silly pun.

I also thought the lady on the far right of the table, a cultural expert was a waste of time. She added nothing too the program, and seemed to have an air of arrogance, which i believe was un just.

The person who came across the best, was the female conservative. She had many answers to alot of the questions, and spoke well, generally.

Bonny Grier is one of the most important custodians of British Culture but I can understand that you found her irrelevant from a political perspective [you're clearly not one for Newsnight Review - your choice, of course].

Anyway, as predicted, Warsi made mincemeat of the Fascist clown, and I'm sure she'd be delighted to hear of your kind offer!

I even thought Hoon was very sensible and Straw, although I disagree with him generally, seems a decent and courageous politician to me. Of course, it was a gaping open goal in debating terms.

I can only endorse the comments of Bigga, Nijinsky and others. Whilst Fascism should NEVER be taken lightly or appeased, it did all turn into an almost comedic exposure of the most moronic fringe of British politics. I was most proud of my fellow citizens of all colours and denominations who showed any Nazi sympathisers out there that the vast majority of the UK population are decent and right minded people who will not tolerate apologists for Fascism in this fine nation of ours. But lets not give them Antartica, as that beautiful continent [and its mineral reserves] are far more than those fscist thugs deserve. I'd just do my best to ignore them and let them fade away into oblivion. The BNP are correct to say that it is not their country. It belongs to fair and open minded people living in a capitalist democracy, as we saw in the audience last night. Time to move on. They'll always be an England...

Clubber said:
mr t said:

She was definitely the best panelist on the show IMO. Actually from what i could make out she was the only one on the panel that didnt blatantly lie or overly twist things to her own agenda.

Challenger1978 said:
Clubber said:

She was definitely the best panelist on the show IMO. Actually from what i could make out she was the only one on the panel that didnt blatantly lie or overly twist things to her own agenda.

As far as I can remember, the only liar was Griffin. You are welcome to your opinion but please enlighten me as I seemed to have missed something, or was that just your perception of them as policitians? Anyway, I have never considered voting Tory but I certainly wouldn't mind having her for PM.

Clubber said:
mr t said:

I've not watched it yet - Sky-plussed it and will watch it later when I get home from work. However, going off the comments on here, it sounds like they had a pretty piss-poor panel up against Griffin last night, although by the sounds of it he made a right fool of himself regardless.

I've long since decided that I'm breaking the habit of a lifetime and voting Conservative in the general election - I'm putting my faith in them not only reclaiming but putting into practice some of the soundbites that Nick Griffin has shamelessly nicked from other parties to try and mask over what he's really about. Unfortunately, even with Labour's popularity at such a low ebb, a vote for the Conservatives in Gorton is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard but they're still getting my vote.

Straw showed he is not upto the job as a government minister and for that an MP either.
Hoon(sp) talked loud without any substance.
The conservative lady was excellent and spoke with some authority and was the only one who answered any direct questions directly.the American lady shouldnt have been there,there could have been someone a litle more heavy weight.
Griffin bumbled and was found out.
One point that someone pointed out to me this morning was when a smarly dressed black guy told straw that his government had let the nation down on immigration and it was important to the people of the country.Straw waffled with some non answer.but the point was if a white shaven headed member of the audience would have asked this would he have been booed?
I do agree it was a poor question time with only the Conservative lady coming out of it with any credibility.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.