Nigel De Jong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ray78 said:
Try and keep you chin up blues the fee is crap but we would of lost him for nowt just for the sake of cover. None of us now what has happend or happening behind the scenes.

we don,t but how do you replace the best in a certain field?......

Be a shame to see Nige go, added steel to the midfield and we can't always rely on an ageing Barry. Rodwell is decent but still young and not as good as Nige right now in my opinion. We haven't really improved the side this transfer window have we, despite being champions.

Dirty Harry said:
FantasyIreland said:
On the flip i guess he could have signed that huge contract we offered him?

Can we say for certain he's been offered a huge contract though mate, other than rumours and suggestions ?

Personally I'm of the belief it's more than just money, it's got to be, I think it's more about establishing himself (and family) in a country where they'll be happy to stay on after his career has finished, or something like that.
I think footballers are not looking to put down roots until they retire

maybe playing regularly has something to do with it, but I also expect he'll be on more money now. If he turned down contract extension at City he wont be signing for less now. Unlikely anyway

Feed-The-Goat said:
Still hugely popular with alot of fans, forget the fee its more a case of losing Nige who is alot of fans favourite player as has been for a long time, one of mine for sure.

I know there's no place for player sentiments in football as they come and go and its all about MCFC, but i am gutted about him going.

Me too. Seems like a top fella. Love that clip where he sky's a shot and all the the blues jeer/cheer. Gives us a big thumbs up and smiles. Love it, clearly not a guy stuck up his own anus.

Best of luck NDJ.

Ntini77 said:
Presumably this means we're signing Javi Garcia. If not, selling de Jong would be nonsensical.
I will reserve judgement.

One thing is for sure, the almost unanimous opinion of this board is that DDR is a missing ingredient . That tells me that we think we are missing physical presence in the engine of our team even with NDJ. It appears we have sold (not our best player by a long way) our most combative player we have in that position.

Therefore we require one massive pair of bollocks to replace his.

I trust this is in hand........

MSP said:
Dirty Harry said:
FantasyIreland said:
On the flip i guess he could have signed that huge contract we offered him?

Can we say for certain he's been offered a huge contract though mate, other than rumours and suggestions ?

Personally I'm of the belief it's more than just money, it's got to be, I think it's more about establishing himself (and family) in a country where they'll be happy to stay on after his career has finished, or something like that.

that might be germany though, he's running business there

I was thinking more where he and his family may desire to live their day to day lives in the future tbh mate, setting down some roots etc, if he does have business interests in Germany it's not too far to travel when he has to I wouldn't have thought.

toffee balls said:
Ntini77 said:
Presumably this means we're signing Javi Garcia. If not, selling de Jong would be nonsensical.
I will reserve judgement.

One thing is for sure, the almost unanimous opinion of this board is that DDR is a missing ingredient . That tells me that we think we are missing physical presence in the engine of our team even with NDJ. It appears we have sold (not our best player by a long way) our most combative player we have in that position.

Therefore we require one massive pair of bollocks to replace his.

I trust this is in hand........

I hope its not the massive pair of bollocks

riley347 said:
Ray78 said:
Try and keep you chin up blues the fee is crap but we would of lost him for nowt just for the sake of cover. None of us now what has happend or happening behind the scenes.

we don,t but how do you replace the best in a certain field?......

Is he? A fans favourite and a useful player but Mancini seems to think there are better players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.