Nine years ago today - FA Cup semi-final against United

The day when, after following City for nearly 35 years, I drifted out of Wembley in a daze ... finally daring to believe that we actually had a chance of winning a trophy ... what a revelation !

Fair to say that the 9 years since have not disappointed !

Still tingle with the excitement that resonated from my fellow blues..

we all looked in the eyes of the person next to us and dared to say 'we've arrived'

All that teasing and unconditional loyalty we'd shown (we were shit), vanished the moment Yaya flew by those twunts, it was worth every wind up i'd ever had and we stuck it to them with no come backs, on our own terms

Glorious day!!!!

Have to agree. On the morning I dared to think we could win. For the first time in my life I thought we could beat them. Nervous, yes very...but something inside was screaming that this day was a turning point.

And after Berbatov missed that sitter I knew we'd win.
Just a shame they closed all the pubs around Wembley after the final whistle..

What.a.day.

Will never forget. Second only to the QPR match and the Aguero moment....

Oh and York away of course
(Truth be told I was too young to be there...ha)

Still tingle with the excitement that resonated from my fellow blues..

we all looked in the eyes of the person next to us and dared to say 'we've arrived'

All that teasing and unconditional loyalty we'd shown (we were shit), vanished the moment Yaya flew by those twunts, it was worth every wind up i'd ever had and we stuck it to them with no come backs, on our own terms

Glorious day!!!!

Oh Balotelli winking...that was the icing in the cake. Pushed them over the edge. He knew exactly what he was doing. And that is why he will always be a legend in my eye...
So inconsistent but on his day unplayable...

Oh Balotelli winking...that was the icing in the cake. Pushed them over the edge. He knew exactly what he was doing. And that is why he will always be a legend in my eye...
So inconsistent but on his day unplayable...

Had the pleasure of getting to know him when he was over here, quite well actually

Always put a smile on my face, mad as hatter and thats coming from me, however, he was a young kid with a skeleton key to the sweet shop

Sometimes natural talent isn't enough but he's part of the changing of the guard and for that he will be remembered fondly!

Had the pleasure of getting to know him when he was over here, quite well actually

Always put a smile on my face, mad as hatter and thats coming from me, however, he was a young kid with a skeleton key to the sweet shop

Sometimes natural talent isn't enough but he's part of the changing of the guard and for that he will be remembered fondly!

He was a character. And sadly these are disappearing from the game.

A young kid in a foreign country just wanting to play football and have fun. Sadly misunderstood by the media who rounded on him.

At the semi he knew what that game meant. He knew the meaning of the changing of the old guard...hence the little wink at the end. Wio couldn't handle it. Well boo fucking hoo. Football is cyclic and what goes around comes around.
Took long enough and in my dads case too late as he didnt live to see it.
A bitter sweet day for me. But a memory I cherish. Well, what i can remember of it ;-)

Two hours in the Green Man and then a stroll down to 'The roundabout' , full of City fans and easily the best pre-match entertainment I have ever witnessed. It was funny enough when the odd rag coach came onto the roundabout, but when a convertable BMW with the top down, containing 2 rags, come onto it and got stuck because of traffic and City fans, all hell broke loose as cans of beer and piss came from everywhere, all aimed at the sitting target. I have never laughed so much in my life !! A truly great day !

i remember that too. Pretty new BMW from memory, must have been foot deep in beer and they just sat there fuming!!! Every coach got a welcome :)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.