Nissan - sponsorship confirmed (page 7)

MeatHunterrr said:
Davs 19 said:
jrb said:
He should change his name to Jonny Ball.

_41273577_johnny_ball203.jpg

He hasn't got a clue. Do you think anyone at City told him the finer details of the deal? No!

Do you think anyone at Ni$$an told him the finer details of the deal? No!

The details of the deal will stay confidential.

Then the Daily Fail picked up on the story like it always does and posted that figure. Zzzzzzzz.

Put it this way, 5 years, Manchester City, New York City, Melbourne City,(Yokohama F·Marinos) and the City's Women's team, etc. £4mill?

Expect to see the Nissan name plastered all over the Etihad on the new digital advertising boards on level 1 and 2 next season.

nissan%20announcement%20photo.ashx

Full press release. <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk/~/media/Files/Club/Nissan_CFG_release_final.ashx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk/~/media/Files/Clu ... final.ashx</a>

Quite a few weeks back, certainly before the Japan/Nissan deal broke, I posted on here that this was happening. I was misinformed about the size of the stake in the club we bought but was also told that the Nissan sponsorship was potentially the biggest commercial deal that the club had ever secured and would banish the spectre of FFP once and for all.We'll see I suppose.
That would mean this Nissan deal is worth more per year than Etihad deal, which is £35 million per year.

I know that. My mathematical ability is pretty good.

Davs 19 said:
MeatHunterrr said:
Davs 19 said:
Quite a few weeks back, certainly before the Japan/Nissan deal broke, I posted on here that this was happening. I was misinformed about the size of the stake in the club we bought but was also told that the Nissan sponsorship was potentially the biggest commercial deal that the club had ever secured and would banish the spectre of FFP once and for all.We'll see I suppose.
That would mean this Nissan deal is worth more per year than Etihad deal, which is £35 million per year.

Was just wondering. Nissan have wrote blank cheque then if true.

Davs 19 said:
MeatHunterrr said:
Davs 19 said:

So your maths is top draw - what about the reliability of your info. I hope you are right about the scale of this deal.

nmc said:
Davs 19 said:
MeatHunterrr said:

So your maths is top draw - what about the reliability of your info. I hope you are right about the scale of this deal.

Me as well.

Anyone know the significance of the "Nissan 80" on the shirt? Could the 80 refer to the deals monetary value?

ChicagoBlue said:
Anyone know the significance of the "Nissan 80" on the shirt? Could the 80 refer to the deals monetary value?

NIssan was 80 years old last year. That might be part of it. Perhaps they're having a year of celebrating it?

ChicagoBlue said:

The club is going retro and giving the whole squad 1980 reg company cars as a bonus.

FanchesterCity said:
ChicagoBlue said:

NIssan was 80 years old last year. That might be part of it. Perhaps they're having a year of celebrating it?

Cheers! Didn't think we would be so crass as to have it symbolize £80M, but didn't know what it meant!

I wonder who will sponsor that nice new bridge linking the campus to the academy? Lots of advertising space on it! :-)

richards30 said:
I wonder who will sponsor that nice new bridge linking the campus to the academy? Lots of advertising space on it! :-)
The Abu Dhabi tourist authority? Abu Dhabi itself is a bridge between lang haul destinations.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.