no more red and black scarves

geek said:
low life's may have been a bit harsh,

but i stand by what i said about them making money off a charity coz they arnt gonna put the cash towards it are they???

no and i regularly give to the big issuse sellers and dont take a mag.

sounds like your willing to buy a scarf off them and pretend you donated to the fund.

I was at Leicester on Sunday.

And if someone wants to buy a scarf off a seller, best of luck to them.

That can STILL donate to Nelly's charity if they wish.

They are not mutually exclusive.

I don't need to pretend that I donate to charity.

Just like you don't need to pretend that you don't think you are superior to blokes trying to earn a living in difficult circumstances.

might go for the bobby manc look and wear them both.

I will also be pointing at people without one and telling them they are not a real fan

Having donated £100 for my scarf, think I'll wear it when I want and anyone who tells me what I should or shouldn't wear to a match, can go swivel frankly.

End of the day we're all City fans!

I think the club should get in a new batch and sell them until after the replay with Leicester then stop.. "that's it".. because this years FA cup run is about the team we have now in 2011 "not a re-run of 1969" Hope that doesn't sound harsh but the club may want to produce merchandise for this cup run.
Anyone who buys R&B scarves can wear them whenever they like, there's nothing wrong with that.

Soulboy said:
geek said:
low life's may have been a bit harsh,

but i stand by what i said about them making money off a charity coz they arnt gonna put the cash towards it are they???

no and i regularly give to the big issuse sellers and dont take a mag.

sounds like your willing to buy a scarf off them and pretend you donated to the fund.

I was at Leicester on Sunday.

And if someone wants to buy a scarf off a seller, best of luck to them.

That can STILL donate to Nelly's charity if they wish.

They are not mutually exclusive.

I don't need to pretend that I donate to charity.

Just like you don't need to pretend that you don't think you are superior to blokes trying to earn a living in difficult circumstances.

That's the key thing for me, the two are mutually exclusive. I thought this started out as what can we do as a tribute to Neil Young. It developed into something visible (i.e. the scarves) and then extended into raising money.

If I hadn't managed to get a scarf I would have looked to have got one elsewhere but still donated to the fund. So for me there is nothing wrong with people buying off street sellers and visibly showing their support to Neil.

I don't think there is a need for people to start quoting what they have donated to prove their right to wear a scarf. I deliberately have not declared my donation. I know it is less than some people have and I know it is more than others, but at the end of the day people will donate what they cannot afford. Why the need to declare it.

You can still donate to the Neil Young Appeal by Paypal by visiting <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfcsc.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">www.mcfcsc.com</a> You can also send cheques etc payable to mcfc supporters club. Forward them to me:

Alex Channon
Penalty Spot
11 Thirlmere Avenue
Swinton
Manchester
M27 5XD

The club covered the cost (£8,000) of manufacturing the scarves so every penny paid for a scarf goes directly to the Neil Young Appeal.

I'm gobsmacked that someone can criticise anybody who wears the scarf as some kind of fashion statement, this is a charitable thing where people make their own choices. Visit the City store and you will find a multitude of colours on all items of clothing etc in support of City. Unless it's a girly thing can someone explain why so much City stuff is now in pink.

Alex the Blue

robsta said:
LongsightM13 said:
My point is, why not just donate to the Neil Young fund anyway? Why would you demand something in return for supporting a cancer charity and one of our all time greats? Surely a direct donation would be of more benefit than taking into account manufacturing costs?
Vanity should not motivate charity.
I'll keep the scarf in case we get to Wembley, but I did chuck £50 into the pot. If any of you are willing to match that into Nelly's fund, then maybe its yours

The thing is though mate, it's like any charity or fundraising. Ask people to stick say £10 in a bucket for a good cause and you'll get a number being willing. Offer them something desirable and ask them to put £10 in and you'll get more takers. Just like any of these charity auctions for signed shirts, signed footballs, anything. It's a fact that people will be more generous if there is a prize at the end of it. Doesn't make them bad people, just more likely to offer more if there is something to walk away with. If City have a bucket collection they would make some more money for Neil and the charity. If they produced a load more scarves I bet they would make even more and after taking into account the production costs.

me and my lad got our scarves and my lad as wore his everyday to school this week and he will have it on on saturday,so that makes him an attention seeker does it,what some people come out with on here sometimes is pathetic

dw7 said:
LongsightM13 said:
All the unofficial stalls will be selling snides on Saturday if you really want one. For me it was a one-off. Maybe if we got to Wembley I'd consider it again. But we are not confused Norwich rags. I'd rather wear proper City colours and still chuck a few more quid into Nelly's collection. I would consider anyone wearing a ref and black scarf on Saturday, for example, to be a bit sad and an attention seeker
Looks too much like an united scarf too me to wear to games

er its the classic kit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.