no signings?

BoyBlue_1985 said:
Its now the 25th and only 3 weeks away from the start of season. What a stunningly poor summer by the CHAMPIONS

THIS!! Hacked off is a supreme understatement. now call me spoilt, and never statsified even though we won the league. but next year will be a whole new ball game and we need minimum three signings. a CB, RW and a CM. we dont have the strength in depth. what if kompany gets injured, you all saw how much we struggled when he was out. we need pace in the squad, we got found out away from home last year and our lack of pace was shown up, teams knew how to play us when we were away. we need signings otherwise i can see us struggling to win the title.

*awaits abuse*

mancityscot said:
THIS!! Hacked off is a supreme understatement. now call me spoilt, and never statsified even though we won the league.

You'll have the Patience Brigade on your back but I agree and I highly doubt Mancini is satisfied either given his mentality and comments about how we can rival Real Madrid and Barcelona. I've said it before and some disagree but Financial Fair Play and nothing else is holding us back or else we'd have already swooped for some of our targets.

Thiago Silva would have given us probably the best centre-back pairing on earth (with Lescott to make it three incredible options) but hesitation over finances (FFP) and nothing else (only in my opinion of course but Mancini made a comment that may count as evidence, saying he'd love Thiago Silva but doesn't feel the club would meet the asking price) stopped us from going for him.

And I can't back this up as it's just a vague memory but I believe Mancini said he wanted his targets in early (before Austria) to avoid Nasri part two of players arriving with little to no pre-season to bed in.

A poor summer in truth, not over yet and I reckon we will make a good signing or two by the end but feel we've already missed two targets (Hazard, Silva) and could soon be three or four (Martinez, RvP).

THIS!! Hacked off is a supreme understatement. now call me spoilt, and never statsified even though we won the league. but next year will be a whole new ball game and we need minimum three signings. a CB, RW and a CM. we dont have the strength in depth. what if kompany gets injured, you all saw how much we struggled when he was out. we need pace in the squad, we got found out away from home last year and our lack of pace was shown up, teams knew how to play us when we were away. we need signings otherwise i can see us struggling to win the title.

*awaits abuse*

So if we went and signed a CB, RW and CM in next two weeks what would you say then? Be patient the window doesn't close this week or next or the week after, in fact it doesn't close until after a fortnight into new season, said it before on day 1 at home to Southampton there will be three internationals sitting in the stands not able to get on the bench. :-)

Rammyblues said:

*awaits abuse*

So if we went and signed a CB, RW and CM in next two weeks what would you say then? Be patient the window doesn't close this week or next or the week after, in fact it doesn't close until after a fortnight into new season, said it before on day 1 at home to Southampton there will be three internationals sitting in the stands not able to get on the bench. :-)

Would love it to happen sadly very very unlikely 1 at most in that time frame and even a single signing looks unlikely - i think its pretty clear our major signings are Martinez - Cavani - RvP and Skirtel none of these are easy to shift either the club thinks some or all of these guys are coming - if not we are well short especially in the midfield area

Personally i would be happy with 1 a top top draw partner for Yaya

Very dissapointing window so far. All our rivals have strengthened whilst we appear to be stalling with no clear or coherent plan, why?.
It's obvious Marwood and Bobby do not get on, is this the problem?.
What's holding things up??

I know it is frustrating when the papers are full of Chelsea strengthening their squad and ManU buying players etc., etc., but I feel we have to trust our owners to do the best for City and being mindful of the new rules being brought in about expenditure etc., difficult I know when all is quiet on the Blue front but I have faith in the management and try not to take too much heed of the trouble causing press. Hope I'm right.

kompany10 said:
CTID101 said:
Realistically we don't need more players.

Winning the game v QPR in the circumstances will do so much for the whole team. They will be quicker, stronger and more clinical next season. Much like the rags who for years have had shite like O'Shea, Brown, Fletcher and so on in their team yet have still won trophies because of the whole feeling around the team, something i think we now have.

Take into account Aguero and Nasri now get a full pre-season as well as the rest of the team building together still.

Regarding the transfers have you not thought that like other clubs around the world we have just got good at holding all our business in house? no more rats leaking this and that to the press?

I think there are things happening behind the scenes and we will just have to wait for it to be announced.

more players are needed, we need atleast cover at centre back, maybe a midfielder (maybe somebody who can play both postions) and maybe a player who plays out wide with real speed to give us a different option.

Agreed. I feel a centre back is absolutely necessary and a centre mid would be great but not vital. I can see why Mancini would want a wide player to add another dimension to our play but if we didn't manage to snap anyone up it wouldn't be disastrous. Our current attacking options are top drawer.

As far as strikers are concerned I'd be happy to leave well alone and keep the four we have.

CTID101 is spot on in that we will be quicker and stronger next season even without any new signings. Just being champions will have a major impact on not only our mindset, but it will affect the opposition players as well. I can't wait!

Aguero signed on 28th July 2011

Nasri signed on 25th August 2011

We had only signed Savic at this point last year and he was a prospect and nothing more.

Stop flapping and trust Bobby and our owners.

BLUEMATT23 said:
Very dissapointing window so far. All our rivals have strengthened whilst we appear to be stalling with no clear or coherent plan, why?.
It's obvious Marwood and Bobby do not get on, is this the problem?.
What's holding things up??
How do you know we don't have a plan?
You don't is the answer.

Not one person on here knows anything about what is happening behind the scenes apart from arguably a select few even then there are doubts.

If you can't after the past 2 seasons have trust in the people running the club then you might as well support someone else.

Just because other teams are "strengthening" it does not necessarily mean that we have to.

I am of the opinion that we do need some players but i think Mancini will know more than us what we need. He would not have signed a new contract if he had not had assurances that they will back him in what ever way he goes.

Just chill out, go have a nice cold drink and enjoy the weather. "What will be will be".

CTID101 said:
Realistically we don't need more players.

Winning the game v QPR in the circumstances will do so much for the whole team. They will be quicker, stronger and more clinical next season. Much like the rags who for years have had shite like O'Shea, Brown, Fletcher and so on in their team yet have still won trophies because of the whole feeling around the team, something i think we now have.

We really do. Standing still isn't an option.

As great as it was, we won the league on goal difference and didn't do well in the champions league.

When Yaya and Kompany were out we struggled. Added to this, Silva's form trailed off and up front before the last 6 games we struggled a little.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.