Nolito

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi mate....when I first read about this deal getting done I was concerned it meant we'd moved on from Sane....but not sure they are the same player and believe Sane is the protect and long term talent Pep enjoys helping to reach their full potential....Sane is the long term "build your team around" type player (like a Kev signing)...I like the Nolito signing but at 30yrs old in Oct...I dont see it as a player we can count on for the next 5years...Where Sane would give us that, in my opinion!
Hello Trueblue. I think in 12 months Navas will go to Sevilla but then Roberts will come in so I don' t think the age is too big a deal. It's a positive in a way in that he is experienced. If Nolito signs that will be two quality players who will strengthen the first team. With Navas and Silva, and plenty of Spanish speakers like the South Americans, he should be able to settle in OK.

Looks like Stones might be the next move but maybe after the Euros. The position I think we really need to strengthen is left back. Other than talk about Laporte playing on the left, there haven't been any links I can think of with left backs.

Hello Trueblue. I think in 12 months Navas will go to Sevilla but then Roberts will come in so I don' t think the age is too big a deal. It's a positive in a way in that he is experienced. If Nolito signs that will be two quality players who will strengthen the first team. With Navas and Silva, and plenty of Spanish speakers like the South Americans, he should be able to settle in OK.

Looks like Stones might be the next move but maybe after the Euros. The position I think we really need to strengthen is left back. Other than talk about Laporte playing on the left, there haven't been any links I can think of with left backs.

I agree mate....Left back is my big worry as well....If we can come out of this window with Nolito, Sane, Gundogan, Stones and a left back..I'll be a happy man!;)

Great signing. Exciting to finally have a real wide player on that side with end product.

Anyone think Sterling can beat him out? Right now, I can't see it. Maybe Sterling will be moved inside, although he can't finish so IDK what will happen with him.

id rather hope navas will be moved on quicker....sterlng can play right side as well as left and from what I've seen of Sane he is capable of playing on both sides as well.

Navas just doesn't have an end product at all and whereas he added balance to the team under pellegrin Im hoping Peps better tactical set up will nullify the need for Navas from a defensive point of view. Im also sure that Pep can install into both Sterling, and Sane (nolito already capable of it) the same defensive tenacity.

Solid signing. I'm not worried about his age, as his game doesn't really appear to be based on speed. He also seems to be a high character player based on how he's viewed in the Spanish National team.

Nolito and Sane. And our attack is sorted. Sane hopefully to start ahead of Navas. While Nolito is an option on the left with Sterling. From what i understand, both Sane and Nolito can play centre if Aguero/Nacho are injured/rested. Which is why Nolito probably ends any hope of Auba.

But since Nolito is much cheaper than Auba. I hope we can spend that on other areas. Our marquees have always been forwards/attacking midfielders (Aguero, KDB). Would love a marquee midfielder for a change.

This. Put the extra money towards Kroos.

Great signing. Exciting to finally have a real wide player on that side with end product.

Anyone think Sterling can beat him out? Right now, I can't see it. Maybe Sterling will be moved inside, although he can't finish so IDK what will happen with him.

I'd trust Nolito over Sterling TBH. I was waiting for someone else to say it. Nolito a squad player?....not so sure about that.

Seems a good, pragmatic signing at that price. £13.8m for a full Spanish international in the current market is not to be sniffed at, especially if it frees up funds to address other areas of the squad.

Down side is that presumably we won't be getting both Sane and Aubameyang now, and I suspect from Brennan's tweet earlier the latter looks less likely.

Still, securing two quality internationals for under £35m is a good start to the window, and certainly improves the squad. Hopefully there will still be a 'marquee' signing this window.

I echo every word you said Ric. Good bit of business and his age is a GOOD thing for 2 reasons.

1: He is in the prime of his career and won't need time to develop.
2: He won't be with us too long to block a path of a youngster coming through the ranks.

Good signing, on to the next one!

Yeah. Nasri's days probably now numbered if Sane comes in as well.
Not if pep plays something like a 3-4-3 in which case plenty of room for a two footed, flexible player who has decent work rate, can play across the pitch and retain possession better than anyone else in the team right now.

In any case doubt they are competing for the same posit, I would think Sane or auba is the decision point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.